Angelina Jolie Replaced by Kate Winslet for Luxury Brand
The "Tomb Raider" star Angelina Jolie was dropped by the designer line last year (2010) after starring in its ad campaigns for more than five years, with redheaded singer Karen Elson, Jack White's wife, taking her place.
But now Elson is out of the picture, too - and "Titanic" star Kate Winslet is slipping into her shoes.
The British beauty's appointment has come as a surprise to fashion insiders since top executive Glenn McMahon admitted last year that Angelina Jolie was dropped because she "overshadowed" the brand.
He added, "We wanted to make a clean break from actresses and steer away from blondes and cleanse the palette."
Winslet posed for a campaign shot by photographer Craig McDean last week and will appear in St. John advertisements later this year.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'
- Blac Chyna Believes That Rob Kardashian and Tyga Are Tag Teaming Against Her