Angelina Jolie Replaced by Kate Winslet for Luxury Brand
The "Tomb Raider" star Angelina Jolie was dropped by the designer line last year (2010) after starring in its ad campaigns for more than five years, with redheaded singer Karen Elson, Jack White's wife, taking her place.
But now Elson is out of the picture, too - and "Titanic" star Kate Winslet is slipping into her shoes.
The British beauty's appointment has come as a surprise to fashion insiders since top executive Glenn McMahon admitted last year that Angelina Jolie was dropped because she "overshadowed" the brand.
He added, "We wanted to make a clean break from actresses and steer away from blondes and cleanse the palette."
Winslet posed for a campaign shot by photographer Craig McDean last week and will appear in St. John advertisements later this year.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?
- Justin Bieber Sprains His Ankle After Basketball Game, Tells Fans Not to Worry