Angelina Jolie Replaced by Kate Winslet for Luxury Brand
The "Tomb Raider" star Angelina Jolie was dropped by the designer line last year (2010) after starring in its ad campaigns for more than five years, with redheaded singer Karen Elson, Jack White's wife, taking her place.
But now Elson is out of the picture, too - and "Titanic" star Kate Winslet is slipping into her shoes.
The British beauty's appointment has come as a surprise to fashion insiders since top executive Glenn McMahon admitted last year that Angelina Jolie was dropped because she "overshadowed" the brand.
He added, "We wanted to make a clean break from actresses and steer away from blondes and cleanse the palette."
Winslet posed for a campaign shot by photographer Craig McDean last week and will appear in St. John advertisements later this year.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards