Angelina Jolie Replaced by Kate Winslet for Luxury Brand
The "Tomb Raider" star Angelina Jolie was dropped by the designer line last year (2010) after starring in its ad campaigns for more than five years, with redheaded singer Karen Elson, Jack White's wife, taking her place.
But now Elson is out of the picture, too - and "Titanic" star Kate Winslet is slipping into her shoes.
The British beauty's appointment has come as a surprise to fashion insiders since top executive Glenn McMahon admitted last year that Angelina Jolie was dropped because she "overshadowed" the brand.
He added, "We wanted to make a clean break from actresses and steer away from blondes and cleanse the palette."
Winslet posed for a campaign shot by photographer Craig McDean last week and will appear in St. John advertisements later this year.
More Angelina Jolie News
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz