Gary Barlow Gave Up Singing for Seven Years
Gary Barlow launched his own career after the group disbanded, and his debut album "Open Road" topped the charts in the U.K. in 1997.
However, the follow-up - 1999's "Twelve Months", "Eleven Days" - limped into the charts at number 35 and Gary Barlow retreated from the spotlight, concentrating on his songwriting career.
The star has now admitted he was so disheartened by his lack of success, he stopped singing in public altogether.
He tells Britain's The Sun, "I never saw myself being back on stage again. Now I can look back and see just how bad things were."
"I realised I had spent seven years where I never sang at all, until I got back with the lads. Well, I'd sing in the studio, but never outside. I thought I was done and abandoned."
"The reason I hadn't thought about going back on stage was that there was no possibility of people wanting me back up there. It was horrible the way it ended. Nobody wants any involvement in you whatsoever."
Take That reunited as a four-piece - without original member Robbie Williams - in 2006 and Barlow took to the stage for the first time since his solo career. The group, now with Williams, is embarking on a summer tour of Europe as a five-piece - and Barlow can't wait.
He adds, "We are a happy band this time and we have lived a bit. I think it takes the seriousness out of music this time - every day is special for us."
- Florida Georgia Line to Perform With The Chainsmokers at the 2017 CMT Music Awards
- Scott Disick Can't Keep His Hands Off Bella Thorne During Intimate Vacation in Cannes
- Ellen DeGeneres to Make Stand-Up Return in Netflix Comedy Special
- Bella Hadid Turns Heads in Daring Dress as She Debuts Short Bangs at Perfume Launch in Italy
- 'Top Gun 2' May Be Directed by Joseph Kosinski, Val Kilmer May Return
- Ariana Grande Postpones European Tour Through June 5 After Manchester Bombing
- A Hero Returns in Darkness in Netflix's 'Castlevania' First Teaser
- Bikini-Clad Ariel Winter Flashes Her Butt as She Kisses Beau Levi Meaden in PDA-Filled Pic