Pixies Urged to Record by Bono
Pixies' last record, "Trompe le Monde", was released in 1991 and the band split two years later. They reunited for a series of concerts in 2004 but have yet to release a new album.
And they have now confirmed they are considering heading back into the studio to lay down new tracks - after some encouraging words from U2 frontman, Bono.
Guitarist Joey Santiago tells Spinnermusic.co.uk, "Bono even asked... He's like, 'Please make a record!'... we can't leave that unturned. That would frustrate me. It would. I think we should do it. But it's up to everybody... That talk about making a record will be in the forefront next because it'll be time, you know. It'll be time."
"We've definitely gelled as a unit and hopefully when we can all bury the hatchet - and we have - maybe we'll go in there and hope for the best."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia