Pixies Urged to Record by Bono
Pixies' last record, "Trompe le Monde", was released in 1991 and the band split two years later. They reunited for a series of concerts in 2004 but have yet to release a new album.
And they have now confirmed they are considering heading back into the studio to lay down new tracks - after some encouraging words from U2 frontman, Bono.
Guitarist Joey Santiago tells Spinnermusic.co.uk, "Bono even asked... He's like, 'Please make a record!'... we can't leave that unturned. That would frustrate me. It would. I think we should do it. But it's up to everybody... That talk about making a record will be in the forefront next because it'll be time, you know. It'll be time."
"We've definitely gelled as a unit and hopefully when we can all bury the hatchet - and we have - maybe we'll go in there and hope for the best."
More Bono News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show