Pixies Urged to Record by Bono
Pixies' last record, "Trompe le Monde", was released in 1991 and the band split two years later. They reunited for a series of concerts in 2004 but have yet to release a new album.
And they have now confirmed they are considering heading back into the studio to lay down new tracks - after some encouraging words from U2 frontman, Bono.
Guitarist Joey Santiago tells Spinnermusic.co.uk, "Bono even asked... He's like, 'Please make a record!'... we can't leave that unturned. That would frustrate me. It would. I think we should do it. But it's up to everybody... That talk about making a record will be in the forefront next because it'll be time, you know. It'll be time."
"We've definitely gelled as a unit and hopefully when we can all bury the hatchet - and we have - maybe we'll go in there and hope for the best."
- Conspiracy Theorists Claim Elvis Presley Is Alive and Attended His 82nd Birthday
- Kim Kardashian 'Had a Secret Fling' With 'Celebrity Big Brother' Star Calum Best
- 'The Flash' Also Brings Back Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne, but How?
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'