Pixies Urged to Record by Bono
Pixies' last record, "Trompe le Monde", was released in 1991 and the band split two years later. They reunited for a series of concerts in 2004 but have yet to release a new album.
And they have now confirmed they are considering heading back into the studio to lay down new tracks - after some encouraging words from U2 frontman, Bono.
Guitarist Joey Santiago tells Spinnermusic.co.uk, "Bono even asked... He's like, 'Please make a record!'... we can't leave that unturned. That would frustrate me. It would. I think we should do it. But it's up to everybody... That talk about making a record will be in the forefront next because it'll be time, you know. It'll be time."
"We've definitely gelled as a unit and hopefully when we can all bury the hatchet - and we have - maybe we'll go in there and hope for the best."
More Bono News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics