Amy Grant and Vince Gill Scrap Shows Following Mother's Death
Country couple Amy Grant and Vince Gill have pulled out of their immediate commitments following the death of Grant's mother. Gloria Dean Napier Grant died on Saturday, April 30 in Nashville, Tennessee.
Grant and Gill canceled their performances at "The Nashville Choir presents a Tribute to the Songs of Bill & Gloria Gaither" event on Sunday, May 1, and Gill has scrapped his appearance at Monday night's (May 2) flood commemoration event, "Voices Rising: Remembering One Year Later".
The couple has asked fans to remember Gloria Grant by performing an unexpected act of kindness. They also suggest fans to make a donation to Lipscomb University or Alive Hospice in her memory. A spokesperson for Grant indicated that the 50-year-old singer won't make a public statement on her mother's passing.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'