Amy Grant and Vince Gill Scrap Shows Following Mother's Death
Country couple Amy Grant and Vince Gill have pulled out of their immediate commitments following the death of Grant's mother. Gloria Dean Napier Grant died on Saturday, April 30 in Nashville, Tennessee.
Grant and Gill canceled their performances at "The Nashville Choir presents a Tribute to the Songs of Bill & Gloria Gaither" event on Sunday, May 1, and Gill has scrapped his appearance at Monday night's (May 2) flood commemoration event, "Voices Rising: Remembering One Year Later".
The couple has asked fans to remember Gloria Grant by performing an unexpected act of kindness. They also suggest fans to make a donation to Lipscomb University or Alive Hospice in her memory. A spokesperson for Grant indicated that the 50-year-old singer won't make a public statement on her mother's passing.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group