Mummified Body of Yvette Vickers Found in Her Home
The mummified remains of model-turned-actress Yvette Vickers has been found in her Los Angeles home. Police experts suggest the one-time Playboy Playmate may have died alone a year ago. Her body was discovered by a curious neighbor on Wednesday, April 27.
The 82-year-old appeared in classic B-movies "Attack of the 50-Foot Woman" and "Attack of the Giant Leeches". Susan Savage, the neighbor who found Vickers' corpse, tells the Los Angeles Times the actress was in an upstairs room of her dilapidated Benedict Canyon home.
To the publication, Susan reveals she went to check on Yvette after she noticed letters and spiderwebs in the actress' mailbox. "The letters seemed untouched and were starting to yellow," she says. "I just had a bad feeling."
Police believe there is no sign of foul play, but Yvette's official cause of death will be determined by the Los Angeles county coroner's office.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival