Mummified Body of Yvette Vickers Found in Her Home
The mummified remains of model-turned-actress Yvette Vickers has been found in her Los Angeles home. Police experts suggest the one-time Playboy Playmate may have died alone a year ago. Her body was discovered by a curious neighbor on Wednesday, April 27.
The 82-year-old appeared in classic B-movies "Attack of the 50-Foot Woman" and "Attack of the Giant Leeches". Susan Savage, the neighbor who found Vickers' corpse, tells the Los Angeles Times the actress was in an upstairs room of her dilapidated Benedict Canyon home.
To the publication, Susan reveals she went to check on Yvette after she noticed letters and spiderwebs in the actress' mailbox. "The letters seemed untouched and were starting to yellow," she says. "I just had a bad feeling."
Police believe there is no sign of foul play, but Yvette's official cause of death will be determined by the Los Angeles county coroner's office.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance