Christopher Cross Refuses to Watch Russell Brand's Revamped 'Arthur'
Christopher Cross recorded the theme to the 1981 "Arthur" movie classic and was upset when he heard of remake plans.
He has nothing against Russell Brand, but feels moviemakers should have left the film well alone.
He tells BlogTalkRadio.com, "Dudley is 'Arthur' and that's it. Russell Brand is a talented guy but Dudley created the character and he's gone."
"Steven Gordon, who wrote and directed that picture, died six weeks after 'Arthur' came out, which is why 'Arthur 2' was not very good. I haven't seen it and I'm not really interested in seeing it because I'm from the era that connects to Dudley."
Cross was so opposed to the remake he refused to let producers use his iconic theme song, "Best That You Can Do", which he co-wrote with Burt Bacharach and Carol Bayer Sager.
He adds, "They asked us if they could use the song, which we didn't let them do. They did re-record it with somebody else. I just have a lot of reverence for Dudley and miss him greatly and he's the one that brought that character to life."
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media