Christopher Cross Refuses to Watch Russell Brand's Revamped 'Arthur'
Christopher Cross recorded the theme to the 1981 "Arthur" movie classic and was upset when he heard of remake plans.
He has nothing against Russell Brand, but feels moviemakers should have left the film well alone.
He tells BlogTalkRadio.com, "Dudley is 'Arthur' and that's it. Russell Brand is a talented guy but Dudley created the character and he's gone."
"Steven Gordon, who wrote and directed that picture, died six weeks after 'Arthur' came out, which is why 'Arthur 2' was not very good. I haven't seen it and I'm not really interested in seeing it because I'm from the era that connects to Dudley."
Cross was so opposed to the remake he refused to let producers use his iconic theme song, "Best That You Can Do", which he co-wrote with Burt Bacharach and Carol Bayer Sager.
He adds, "They asked us if they could use the song, which we didn't let them do. They did re-record it with somebody else. I just have a lot of reverence for Dudley and miss him greatly and he's the one that brought that character to life."
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake
- Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic: Here's First Look at Nathan Keyes as Justin Timberlake
- Johnny Depp and Michelle Pfeiffer Eyed to Join 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Selena Gomez Is Queen of Instagram, Becomes the First Person to Reach 100M Followers
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reportedly Planning a 'Secret Wedding' to Nina Agdal
- Listen to Juicy J's New Single 'Ballin' Feat. Kanye West
- 'Black Panther' Casts 'Person of Interest' Alum Winston Duke as Villainous Man-Ape
- Zayn and Gigi Hadid Get Lovey-Dovey in This Pic as His Mom Asks Him to Dump Her