Christopher Cross Refuses to Watch Russell Brand's Revamped 'Arthur'
Christopher Cross recorded the theme to the 1981 "Arthur" movie classic and was upset when he heard of remake plans.
He has nothing against Russell Brand, but feels moviemakers should have left the film well alone.
He tells BlogTalkRadio.com, "Dudley is 'Arthur' and that's it. Russell Brand is a talented guy but Dudley created the character and he's gone."
"Steven Gordon, who wrote and directed that picture, died six weeks after 'Arthur' came out, which is why 'Arthur 2' was not very good. I haven't seen it and I'm not really interested in seeing it because I'm from the era that connects to Dudley."
Cross was so opposed to the remake he refused to let producers use his iconic theme song, "Best That You Can Do", which he co-wrote with Burt Bacharach and Carol Bayer Sager.
He adds, "They asked us if they could use the song, which we didn't let them do. They did re-record it with somebody else. I just have a lot of reverence for Dudley and miss him greatly and he's the one that brought that character to life."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?