Christopher Cross Refuses to Watch Russell Brand's Revamped 'Arthur'
Christopher Cross recorded the theme to the 1981 "Arthur" movie classic and was upset when he heard of remake plans.
He has nothing against Russell Brand, but feels moviemakers should have left the film well alone.
He tells BlogTalkRadio.com, "Dudley is 'Arthur' and that's it. Russell Brand is a talented guy but Dudley created the character and he's gone."
"Steven Gordon, who wrote and directed that picture, died six weeks after 'Arthur' came out, which is why 'Arthur 2' was not very good. I haven't seen it and I'm not really interested in seeing it because I'm from the era that connects to Dudley."
Cross was so opposed to the remake he refused to let producers use his iconic theme song, "Best That You Can Do", which he co-wrote with Burt Bacharach and Carol Bayer Sager.
He adds, "They asked us if they could use the song, which we didn't let them do. They did re-record it with somebody else. I just have a lot of reverence for Dudley and miss him greatly and he's the one that brought that character to life."
More Arthur News
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell