Christopher Cross Refuses to Watch Russell Brand's Revamped 'Arthur'
Christopher Cross recorded the theme to the 1981 "Arthur" movie classic and was upset when he heard of remake plans.
He has nothing against Russell Brand, but feels moviemakers should have left the film well alone.
He tells BlogTalkRadio.com, "Dudley is 'Arthur' and that's it. Russell Brand is a talented guy but Dudley created the character and he's gone."
"Steven Gordon, who wrote and directed that picture, died six weeks after 'Arthur' came out, which is why 'Arthur 2' was not very good. I haven't seen it and I'm not really interested in seeing it because I'm from the era that connects to Dudley."
Cross was so opposed to the remake he refused to let producers use his iconic theme song, "Best That You Can Do", which he co-wrote with Burt Bacharach and Carol Bayer Sager.
He adds, "They asked us if they could use the song, which we didn't let them do. They did re-record it with somebody else. I just have a lot of reverence for Dudley and miss him greatly and he's the one that brought that character to life."
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary