Katy Perry Quits Google After Marriage Spoiler
The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker Katy Perry revealed last year that funnyman Russell Brand's proposal in 2009 came as no surprise as she'd received a Google alert about it weeks before.
She made a vow at the start of this year to stop reading about herself online - and she's adamant the decision has made her life "much better".
Katy Perry tells The Sunday Times Magazine, "I'm four months Google-free. I don't Google myself any more. That was my New Year's resolution. I don't read papers. I don't even look at reviews. I have a good team around me so if anything pops up that's really good or bad I'll know about it. Generally I feel much better being able to live my life like a normal person and not read yesterday's news."
The decision means the Perry household now has little use for an internet connection - she revealed last year that Brand had already stopped Googling himself.
More Katy Perry News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera