Katy Perry Quits Google After Marriage Spoiler
The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker Katy Perry revealed last year that funnyman Russell Brand's proposal in 2009 came as no surprise as she'd received a Google alert about it weeks before.
She made a vow at the start of this year to stop reading about herself online - and she's adamant the decision has made her life "much better".
Katy Perry tells The Sunday Times Magazine, "I'm four months Google-free. I don't Google myself any more. That was my New Year's resolution. I don't read papers. I don't even look at reviews. I have a good team around me so if anything pops up that's really good or bad I'll know about it. Generally I feel much better being able to live my life like a normal person and not read yesterday's news."
The decision means the Perry household now has little use for an internet connection - she revealed last year that Brand had already stopped Googling himself.
More Katy Perry News
- Diplo Reuniting With Justin Bieber and MO for Major Lazer's New Song
- Charlize Theron Hosts Baby Shower for Pal Emily Blunt
- Johnny Depp's Hollywood Vampires Concert Went Ahead Despite Boycott Threat
- Selena Gomez Calls Paul Rudd a 'Pervert' in 'Fundamentals of Caring' First Trailer
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Remake Series, Tells Fans to Boycott the Show
- Is Justin Bieber Ready to Settle Down With Nicola Peltz?
- Kylie, Kendall Jenner and Gal Pals Strip Down to Sexy Bikinis as They Kick Off Summer
- The Rock Confirms Starring Role in Shane Black's 'Doc Savage'