Katy Perry Quits Google After Marriage Spoiler
The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker Katy Perry revealed last year that funnyman Russell Brand's proposal in 2009 came as no surprise as she'd received a Google alert about it weeks before.
She made a vow at the start of this year to stop reading about herself online - and she's adamant the decision has made her life "much better".
Katy Perry tells The Sunday Times Magazine, "I'm four months Google-free. I don't Google myself any more. That was my New Year's resolution. I don't read papers. I don't even look at reviews. I have a good team around me so if anything pops up that's really good or bad I'll know about it. Generally I feel much better being able to live my life like a normal person and not read yesterday's news."
The decision means the Perry household now has little use for an internet connection - she revealed last year that Brand had already stopped Googling himself.
More Katy Perry News
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary