Katy Perry Quits Google After Marriage Spoiler
The "I Kissed a Girl" hitmaker Katy Perry revealed last year that funnyman Russell Brand's proposal in 2009 came as no surprise as she'd received a Google alert about it weeks before.
She made a vow at the start of this year to stop reading about herself online - and she's adamant the decision has made her life "much better".
Katy Perry tells The Sunday Times Magazine, "I'm four months Google-free. I don't Google myself any more. That was my New Year's resolution. I don't read papers. I don't even look at reviews. I have a good team around me so if anything pops up that's really good or bad I'll know about it. Generally I feel much better being able to live my life like a normal person and not read yesterday's news."
The decision means the Perry household now has little use for an internet connection - she revealed last year that Brand had already stopped Googling himself.
More Katy Perry News
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her
- Kendall Jenner Unveils New Lip Tattoo