Steven Tyler Took Drugs on Stage
Steven Tyler spent years struggling with addiction and in 2009 he checked into rehab to address his dependence on painkillers, marking his eighth stint in treatment.
Steven Tyler, who insists he is now clean and sober, has opened up about his struggles as he prepares to release a tell-all book about his life, and he's revealed he used to take drugs during Aerosmith shows.
He tells People.com, "I kept my medicine cabinet on stage, in a 14-inch drum head, the bottom of which contained... one Dixie cup (paper cup) with a straw and blow (cocaine) in it and the other with Coca-Cola and Jack Daniels in it. Left to my own devices I probably would have been dead several times over."
Tyler also estimates he wasted a staggering $20 million (GBP12.5 million) on drugs over the years, adding, "I blew 20 million. I snorted my Porsche, I snorted my plane, I snorted my house in that din of drugs and booze and being lost."
More Steven Tyler News
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding