Steven Tyler Took Drugs on Stage
Steven Tyler spent years struggling with addiction and in 2009 he checked into rehab to address his dependence on painkillers, marking his eighth stint in treatment.
Steven Tyler, who insists he is now clean and sober, has opened up about his struggles as he prepares to release a tell-all book about his life, and he's revealed he used to take drugs during Aerosmith shows.
He tells People.com, "I kept my medicine cabinet on stage, in a 14-inch drum head, the bottom of which contained... one Dixie cup (paper cup) with a straw and blow (cocaine) in it and the other with Coca-Cola and Jack Daniels in it. Left to my own devices I probably would have been dead several times over."
Tyler also estimates he wasted a staggering $20 million (GBP12.5 million) on drugs over the years, adding, "I blew 20 million. I snorted my Porsche, I snorted my plane, I snorted my house in that din of drugs and booze and being lost."
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist