Steven Tyler Took Drugs on Stage
Steven Tyler spent years struggling with addiction and in 2009 he checked into rehab to address his dependence on painkillers, marking his eighth stint in treatment.
Steven Tyler, who insists he is now clean and sober, has opened up about his struggles as he prepares to release a tell-all book about his life, and he's revealed he used to take drugs during Aerosmith shows.
He tells People.com, "I kept my medicine cabinet on stage, in a 14-inch drum head, the bottom of which contained... one Dixie cup (paper cup) with a straw and blow (cocaine) in it and the other with Coca-Cola and Jack Daniels in it. Left to my own devices I probably would have been dead several times over."
Tyler also estimates he wasted a staggering $20 million (GBP12.5 million) on drugs over the years, adding, "I blew 20 million. I snorted my Porsche, I snorted my plane, I snorted my house in that din of drugs and booze and being lost."
More Steven Tyler News
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama