Steven Tyler Took Drugs on Stage
Steven Tyler spent years struggling with addiction and in 2009 he checked into rehab to address his dependence on painkillers, marking his eighth stint in treatment.
Steven Tyler, who insists he is now clean and sober, has opened up about his struggles as he prepares to release a tell-all book about his life, and he's revealed he used to take drugs during Aerosmith shows.
He tells People.com, "I kept my medicine cabinet on stage, in a 14-inch drum head, the bottom of which contained... one Dixie cup (paper cup) with a straw and blow (cocaine) in it and the other with Coca-Cola and Jack Daniels in it. Left to my own devices I probably would have been dead several times over."
Tyler also estimates he wasted a staggering $20 million (GBP12.5 million) on drugs over the years, adding, "I blew 20 million. I snorted my Porsche, I snorted my plane, I snorted my house in that din of drugs and booze and being lost."
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds
- See Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel Goof Around With Hillary Clinton at L.A. Fundraiser
- Lionsgate Bringing 'The Monolith' Comic Book to Big Screen
- Teresa Giudice Under Fire for Posting Inappropriate Bikini Pics of Her Underage Daughters