Bryan Cranston Joins 'Rock of Ages'
Former "Malcolm in the Middle" star Bryan Cranston has been added to the cast of movie musical "Rock of Ages" - as the Mayor of Los Angeles. The Emmy Award-winner will play Catherine Zeta-Jones' husband in the blockbuster, which will also feature Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Julianne Hough and Russell Brand.
Announcing the casting news via Twitter.com on Saturday, April 30, director Adam Shankman wrote, "So honored! Bryan Cranston is joining the cast of #rockofagesmovie! LA has a mayor!" Filming is set to start this summer and the film is slated to hit cinemas across the U.S. on June 1, 2012.
"Rock of Ages" will see former "Dancing with the Stars" champion Julianne taking the role of Sherrie with "Knight and Day" star Tom playing aging rocker Stacee Jaxx. This drama musical follows Sherrie, a small town girl who catches the eye of big city rocker Stacee.
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test