Bryan Cranston Joins 'Rock of Ages'
Former "Malcolm in the Middle" star Bryan Cranston has been added to the cast of movie musical "Rock of Ages" - as the Mayor of Los Angeles. The Emmy Award-winner will play Catherine Zeta-Jones' husband in the blockbuster, which will also feature Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Julianne Hough and Russell Brand.
Announcing the casting news via Twitter.com on Saturday, April 30, director Adam Shankman wrote, "So honored! Bryan Cranston is joining the cast of #rockofagesmovie! LA has a mayor!" Filming is set to start this summer and the film is slated to hit cinemas across the U.S. on June 1, 2012.
"Rock of Ages" will see former "Dancing with the Stars" champion Julianne taking the role of Sherrie with "Knight and Day" star Tom playing aging rocker Stacee Jaxx. This drama musical follows Sherrie, a small town girl who catches the eye of big city rocker Stacee.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour