Bryan Cranston Joins 'Rock of Ages'
Former "Malcolm in the Middle" star Bryan Cranston has been added to the cast of movie musical "Rock of Ages" - as the Mayor of Los Angeles. The Emmy Award-winner will play Catherine Zeta-Jones' husband in the blockbuster, which will also feature Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Julianne Hough and Russell Brand.
Announcing the casting news via Twitter.com on Saturday, April 30, director Adam Shankman wrote, "So honored! Bryan Cranston is joining the cast of #rockofagesmovie! LA has a mayor!" Filming is set to start this summer and the film is slated to hit cinemas across the U.S. on June 1, 2012.
"Rock of Ages" will see former "Dancing with the Stars" champion Julianne taking the role of Sherrie with "Knight and Day" star Tom playing aging rocker Stacee Jaxx. This drama musical follows Sherrie, a small town girl who catches the eye of big city rocker Stacee.
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes