Bryan Cranston Joins 'Rock of Ages'
Former "Malcolm in the Middle" star Bryan Cranston has been added to the cast of movie musical "Rock of Ages" - as the Mayor of Los Angeles. The Emmy Award-winner will play Catherine Zeta-Jones' husband in the blockbuster, which will also feature Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Julianne Hough and Russell Brand.
Announcing the casting news via Twitter.com on Saturday, April 30, director Adam Shankman wrote, "So honored! Bryan Cranston is joining the cast of #rockofagesmovie! LA has a mayor!" Filming is set to start this summer and the film is slated to hit cinemas across the U.S. on June 1, 2012.
"Rock of Ages" will see former "Dancing with the Stars" champion Julianne taking the role of Sherrie with "Knight and Day" star Tom playing aging rocker Stacee Jaxx. This drama musical follows Sherrie, a small town girl who catches the eye of big city rocker Stacee.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'