George Michael Disappointed BBC Snubbed His Royal Wedding Anthem
The network dedicated hours Duke & Duchess of Cambridge footage to the wedding, but George Michael didn't hear his cover of Stevie Wonder's "You & I" played once.
He has taken to Twitter to comment on the snub, writing, "Had hoped to hear a few seconds amongst the incredible BBC coverage, but alas, it was not to be."
However, the song was played during the telecast overseas.
He adds, "Apparently they used it on TV in Norway."
And Michael refuses to let the BBC snub get him down, adding, "Apparently the two people that really mattered loved it, which truly was the point... And you lot seem to love it, so all in all, mission accomplished my lovelies."
"(I) always recieve (sic) more support abroad. It's a shame but let's be honest, after almost 30yrs I count myself lucky to get any support anywhere!!"
- Most Brutal Celebrity vs Paparazzi Fights
- Are 'Riverdale' Stars Cole Sprouse and Lili Reinhart Dating?
- 'Ant-Man and the Wasp': Evangeline Lilly Reacts to Michelle Pfeiffer's Casting as Her On-Screen Mom
- Celebrity Police Unit to Be Discontinued Following Big Bang's T.O.P's Marijuana Scandal
- Cara Delevingne Says She Wants to Be James Bond Amid Bond Girl Rumors
- Johnny Depp Demands Claim He Has 'Psychological Issues' Removed From Court Record
- Cheeky! Emily Ratajkowski Flashes Ample Cleavage in Polka Dot Outfit
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Anthony Scaramucci Hiring as New White House Press Secretary