George Michael Disappointed BBC Snubbed His Royal Wedding Anthem
The network dedicated hours Duke & Duchess of Cambridge footage to the wedding, but George Michael didn't hear his cover of Stevie Wonder's "You & I" played once.
He has taken to Twitter to comment on the snub, writing, "Had hoped to hear a few seconds amongst the incredible BBC coverage, but alas, it was not to be."
However, the song was played during the telecast overseas.
He adds, "Apparently they used it on TV in Norway."
And Michael refuses to let the BBC snub get him down, adding, "Apparently the two people that really mattered loved it, which truly was the point... And you lot seem to love it, so all in all, mission accomplished my lovelies."
"(I) always recieve (sic) more support abroad. It's a shame but let's be honest, after almost 30yrs I count myself lucky to get any support anywhere!!"
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair