Nervous Nick Cannon Took Mariah Carey to Wrong Hospital Ward
Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey became first-time parents on Saturday when they welcomed a boy and a girl at a medical facility in Los Angeles and the happy event coincided with the couple's fourth wedding anniversary.
When Mariah Carey first began to experience contractions, Nick Cannon drove her to the hospital - but the rapper/actor was so flustered he went to the wrong department and had to be redirected to the maternity unit.
Carey's representative, Cindi Berger, tells People.com, "Nick was very nervous and Mariah was completely calm. Mariah thought it was another soft labour (false alarm) and Nick was driving her to the hospital and she (was) very calm and the music was blasting."
"When they walked into the hospital, (Cannon) was going the wrong way and the nurse redirected them to go (to) the maternity ward, and I said to her, 'That's right out of (TV sitcom) I Love Lucy,' and she laughed."
Berger also dismissed rumours the singer had planned to give birth on her wedding anniversary, adding, "No, not even Mariah could plan that."
More Nick Cannon News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance