Nervous Nick Cannon Took Mariah Carey to Wrong Hospital Ward
Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey became first-time parents on Saturday when they welcomed a boy and a girl at a medical facility in Los Angeles and the happy event coincided with the couple's fourth wedding anniversary.
When Mariah Carey first began to experience contractions, Nick Cannon drove her to the hospital - but the rapper/actor was so flustered he went to the wrong department and had to be redirected to the maternity unit.
Carey's representative, Cindi Berger, tells People.com, "Nick was very nervous and Mariah was completely calm. Mariah thought it was another soft labour (false alarm) and Nick was driving her to the hospital and she (was) very calm and the music was blasting."
"When they walked into the hospital, (Cannon) was going the wrong way and the nurse redirected them to go (to) the maternity ward, and I said to her, 'That's right out of (TV sitcom) I Love Lucy,' and she laughed."
Berger also dismissed rumours the singer had planned to give birth on her wedding anniversary, adding, "No, not even Mariah could plan that."
More Nick Cannon News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars