Nervous Nick Cannon Took Mariah Carey to Wrong Hospital Ward
Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey became first-time parents on Saturday when they welcomed a boy and a girl at a medical facility in Los Angeles and the happy event coincided with the couple's fourth wedding anniversary.
When Mariah Carey first began to experience contractions, Nick Cannon drove her to the hospital - but the rapper/actor was so flustered he went to the wrong department and had to be redirected to the maternity unit.
Carey's representative, Cindi Berger, tells People.com, "Nick was very nervous and Mariah was completely calm. Mariah thought it was another soft labour (false alarm) and Nick was driving her to the hospital and she (was) very calm and the music was blasting."
"When they walked into the hospital, (Cannon) was going the wrong way and the nurse redirected them to go (to) the maternity ward, and I said to her, 'That's right out of (TV sitcom) I Love Lucy,' and she laughed."
Berger also dismissed rumours the singer had planned to give birth on her wedding anniversary, adding, "No, not even Mariah could plan that."
More Nick Cannon News
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free