Danii Minogue Recovering Post Appendix Surgery
Australian pop star Dannii Minogue is recovering after undergoing emergency surgery to remove her appendix. The singer and reality TV personality was admitted to a hospital in West London on Saturday, April 23, after suffering crippling stomach pains.
Doctors diagnosed the 39-year-old with acute appendicitis and rushed her to the operating room for an appendectomy. A spokesperson for Minogue says, "Dannii was taken into hospital with stomach pains. She was diagnosed with acute appendicitis and had an emergency operation. She is now convalescing."
Minogue, who is a judge on Simon Cowell's U.K. TV talent show "The X Factor", was kept under observation before being discharged on Wednesday, April 27. Minogue has assured fans she is on the road to recovery thanks to her partner Kris Smith and their nine-month-old son Ethan.
In a series of posts on her Twitter page, she writes, "Thanks for all your lovely messages. Kris Smith is getting boyfriend points looking after me. And little Ethan's smile is making me melt. Happy days."
- Prince William and Prince Harry Regret Last Short Phone Call With Princess Diana
- Linkin Park Pays Tribute to Chester Bennington by Launching Suicide-Prevention Site
- Comic-Con: 'Stranger Things' First Season 2 Trailer Features Creepy Visions and Eleven's Return
- Nicki Minaj Finally Joins Snapchat, but She Has No Idea How to Use It!
- Scott Disick Insists He's 'Not Sex Addict,' but Does Admit to Having a 'Gargantuan Appetite' for Sex
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Trailer Teases Superman's Return and Green Lantern
- Jennifer Lopez Flaunts Hot Bod in Sheer Mini Dress When Celebrating Her Birthday With Alex Rodriguez
- Hilary Duff's L.A. Home Burglarized After She Shares Holiday Pics Online