Danii Minogue Recovering Post Appendix Surgery
Australian pop star Dannii Minogue is recovering after undergoing emergency surgery to remove her appendix. The singer and reality TV personality was admitted to a hospital in West London on Saturday, April 23, after suffering crippling stomach pains.
Doctors diagnosed the 39-year-old with acute appendicitis and rushed her to the operating room for an appendectomy. A spokesperson for Minogue says, "Dannii was taken into hospital with stomach pains. She was diagnosed with acute appendicitis and had an emergency operation. She is now convalescing."
Minogue, who is a judge on Simon Cowell's U.K. TV talent show "The X Factor", was kept under observation before being discharged on Wednesday, April 27. Minogue has assured fans she is on the road to recovery thanks to her partner Kris Smith and their nine-month-old son Ethan.
In a series of posts on her Twitter page, she writes, "Thanks for all your lovely messages. Kris Smith is getting boyfriend points looking after me. And little Ethan's smile is making me melt. Happy days."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding