Danii Minogue Recovering Post Appendix Surgery
Australian pop star Dannii Minogue is recovering after undergoing emergency surgery to remove her appendix. The singer and reality TV personality was admitted to a hospital in West London on Saturday, April 23, after suffering crippling stomach pains.
Doctors diagnosed the 39-year-old with acute appendicitis and rushed her to the operating room for an appendectomy. A spokesperson for Minogue says, "Dannii was taken into hospital with stomach pains. She was diagnosed with acute appendicitis and had an emergency operation. She is now convalescing."
Minogue, who is a judge on Simon Cowell's U.K. TV talent show "The X Factor", was kept under observation before being discharged on Wednesday, April 27. Minogue has assured fans she is on the road to recovery thanks to her partner Kris Smith and their nine-month-old son Ethan.
In a series of posts on her Twitter page, she writes, "Thanks for all your lovely messages. Kris Smith is getting boyfriend points looking after me. And little Ethan's smile is making me melt. Happy days."
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton