Danii Minogue Recovering Post Appendix Surgery
Australian pop star Dannii Minogue is recovering after undergoing emergency surgery to remove her appendix. The singer and reality TV personality was admitted to a hospital in West London on Saturday, April 23, after suffering crippling stomach pains.
Doctors diagnosed the 39-year-old with acute appendicitis and rushed her to the operating room for an appendectomy. A spokesperson for Minogue says, "Dannii was taken into hospital with stomach pains. She was diagnosed with acute appendicitis and had an emergency operation. She is now convalescing."
Minogue, who is a judge on Simon Cowell's U.K. TV talent show "The X Factor", was kept under observation before being discharged on Wednesday, April 27. Minogue has assured fans she is on the road to recovery thanks to her partner Kris Smith and their nine-month-old son Ethan.
In a series of posts on her Twitter page, she writes, "Thanks for all your lovely messages. Kris Smith is getting boyfriend points looking after me. And little Ethan's smile is making me melt. Happy days."
- Jennifer Lawrence and Darren Aronofsky Are Getting More Serious, Despite Their 22-Year Age Gap
- Listen to Selena Gomez's Moody 'Only You' Cover for '13 Reasons Why'
- No Worry! Justin Bieber Strips Off His Shirt Showing Off New Inks and Toned Abs in Brazil
- Are Kylie Jenner and Tyga Breaking Up Again? Rapper Moves to New Bachelor Pad
- New 'Valerian' Trailer Offers a Better Look at the City of a Thousand Planets
- Jennifer Aniston Leans on Brad Pitt Amid Justin Theroux Split Rumors
- Details of Jennifer Lopez and Alex Rodriguez's Romantic Wedding and Baby Plans Revealed
- Mike WiLL Made It Releases Dramatic Music Video for 'On the Come Up' Feat. Big Sean