Aretha Franklin Taps Little Known Star to Play in Her Biopic
The legendary singer Aretha Franklin has got her eye on Patina Miller, the star of Whoopi Goldberg's musical "Sister Act", for the role of the young Aretha - among others.
She says, "Finally we've got the financing, we've got the right producer. I'm waiting for the script... And there's a new girl in the game now - Whoopi's little girl from 'Sister Act'."
"There's (also) Fantasia Barrino, there's Jennifer Hudson, and then the producer has some ideas."
The "Respect" singer plans to check out Miller's talents in person when she visits "Sister Act" on Sunday.
Aretha Franklin recently suggested Halle Berry should portray her in the film, but the "X-Men" star declined, insisting she didn't feel comfortable taking on the part because she couldn't sing.
The singer also has some other important casting ideas - she'd like Denzel Washington to play her father and "Iron Man" star Terrence Howard to portray Smokey Robinson.
More Aretha Franklin News
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame