Aretha Franklin Taps Little Known Star to Play in Her Biopic
The legendary singer Aretha Franklin has got her eye on Patina Miller, the star of Whoopi Goldberg's musical "Sister Act", for the role of the young Aretha - among others.
She says, "Finally we've got the financing, we've got the right producer. I'm waiting for the script... And there's a new girl in the game now - Whoopi's little girl from 'Sister Act'."
"There's (also) Fantasia Barrino, there's Jennifer Hudson, and then the producer has some ideas."
The "Respect" singer plans to check out Miller's talents in person when she visits "Sister Act" on Sunday.
Aretha Franklin recently suggested Halle Berry should portray her in the film, but the "X-Men" star declined, insisting she didn't feel comfortable taking on the part because she couldn't sing.
The singer also has some other important casting ideas - she'd like Denzel Washington to play her father and "Iron Man" star Terrence Howard to portray Smokey Robinson.
More Aretha Franklin News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding