Aretha Franklin Taps Little Known Star to Play in Her Biopic
The legendary singer Aretha Franklin has got her eye on Patina Miller, the star of Whoopi Goldberg's musical "Sister Act", for the role of the young Aretha - among others.
She says, "Finally we've got the financing, we've got the right producer. I'm waiting for the script... And there's a new girl in the game now - Whoopi's little girl from 'Sister Act'."
"There's (also) Fantasia Barrino, there's Jennifer Hudson, and then the producer has some ideas."
The "Respect" singer plans to check out Miller's talents in person when she visits "Sister Act" on Sunday.
Aretha Franklin recently suggested Halle Berry should portray her in the film, but the "X-Men" star declined, insisting she didn't feel comfortable taking on the part because she couldn't sing.
The singer also has some other important casting ideas - she'd like Denzel Washington to play her father and "Iron Man" star Terrence Howard to portray Smokey Robinson.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly