British Designer Nicki Macfarlane Will Dress Royal Bridesmaids
Details about dress designs for the bride-to-be have been a closely-guarded secret ever since Prince William and Kate Middleton announced its engagement last year, but, on the eve of the big day, it has emerged the Brit has been selected to create gowns for the bridal party.
Kate Middleton's sister Pippa will lead four other bridesmaids down the aisle at Westminster Abbey in custom-made Nicki Macfarlane outfits.
However, the bride-to-be has continued to keep fashion watchers guessing about whose creation she will wear when she exchanges vows with Prince William.
British designer Sophie Cranston's fashion house Libelula dismissed speculation the company had been commissioned to create Middleton's wedding dress, while Bruce Oldfield and Sarah Buxton, the creative director of late fashion king Alexander McQueen's label, have also been linked to the royal gown, which was designed and created at Buckingham Palace under royal watch.
Meanwhile, Alberta Ferretti has designed a dress for Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsea Davy and Armani fashion chiefs have created a gown for Lady Frederick Windsor.
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO
- Miley Cyrus Talks Engagement Ring That She Puts Back On After Liam Hemsworth Reconciliation
- Raven-Symone Leaving 'The View' For 'That's So Raven' Spin-Off