British Designer Nicki Macfarlane Will Dress Royal Bridesmaids
Details about dress designs for the bride-to-be have been a closely-guarded secret ever since Prince William and Kate Middleton announced its engagement last year, but, on the eve of the big day, it has emerged the Brit has been selected to create gowns for the bridal party.
Kate Middleton's sister Pippa will lead four other bridesmaids down the aisle at Westminster Abbey in custom-made Nicki Macfarlane outfits.
However, the bride-to-be has continued to keep fashion watchers guessing about whose creation she will wear when she exchanges vows with Prince William.
British designer Sophie Cranston's fashion house Libelula dismissed speculation the company had been commissioned to create Middleton's wedding dress, while Bruce Oldfield and Sarah Buxton, the creative director of late fashion king Alexander McQueen's label, have also been linked to the royal gown, which was designed and created at Buckingham Palace under royal watch.
Meanwhile, Alberta Ferretti has designed a dress for Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsea Davy and Armani fashion chiefs have created a gown for Lady Frederick Windsor.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered