British Designer Nicki Macfarlane Will Dress Royal Bridesmaids
Details about dress designs for the bride-to-be have been a closely-guarded secret ever since Prince William and Kate Middleton announced its engagement last year, but, on the eve of the big day, it has emerged the Brit has been selected to create gowns for the bridal party.
Kate Middleton's sister Pippa will lead four other bridesmaids down the aisle at Westminster Abbey in custom-made Nicki Macfarlane outfits.
However, the bride-to-be has continued to keep fashion watchers guessing about whose creation she will wear when she exchanges vows with Prince William.
British designer Sophie Cranston's fashion house Libelula dismissed speculation the company had been commissioned to create Middleton's wedding dress, while Bruce Oldfield and Sarah Buxton, the creative director of late fashion king Alexander McQueen's label, have also been linked to the royal gown, which was designed and created at Buckingham Palace under royal watch.
Meanwhile, Alberta Ferretti has designed a dress for Prince Harry's girlfriend Chelsea Davy and Armani fashion chiefs have created a gown for Lady Frederick Windsor.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance