Aretha Franklin Plans a Cookbook
The soul legend, Aretha Franklin who recently shed 85 pounds (38.5 kilograms) during a massive health overhaul, reveals she's negotiating a deal to share some of her favourite recipes with fans.
During an appearance on U.S. talk show "The View" on Thursday, the Queen of Soul recalled her fondest memories in the kitchen, and when prompted about the idea of creating a cookbook, she revealed, "I don't (have one yet), but I will."
The "Respect" singer recently opened up about her love for food and the sacrifices she has made to reach a healthy weight.
She said, "I used to have hamburgers coming and going, especially when I was on the road. Now, occasionally I will still have that quarter pounder - because I love fast food - but you have to keep it to a minimum."
"I am now opting for salads and just healthier lunches."
The star even teased what she called the 'Aretha Salad', which includes radishes, olives, carrots, just a little shredded cheese, ranch dressing and a little lemon.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy