Aretha Franklin Plans a Cookbook
The soul legend, Aretha Franklin who recently shed 85 pounds (38.5 kilograms) during a massive health overhaul, reveals she's negotiating a deal to share some of her favourite recipes with fans.
During an appearance on U.S. talk show "The View" on Thursday, the Queen of Soul recalled her fondest memories in the kitchen, and when prompted about the idea of creating a cookbook, she revealed, "I don't (have one yet), but I will."
The "Respect" singer recently opened up about her love for food and the sacrifices she has made to reach a healthy weight.
She said, "I used to have hamburgers coming and going, especially when I was on the road. Now, occasionally I will still have that quarter pounder - because I love fast food - but you have to keep it to a minimum."
"I am now opting for salads and just healthier lunches."
The star even teased what she called the 'Aretha Salad', which includes radishes, olives, carrots, just a little shredded cheese, ranch dressing and a little lemon.
More Aretha Franklin News
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'