Aretha Franklin Plans a Cookbook
The soul legend, Aretha Franklin who recently shed 85 pounds (38.5 kilograms) during a massive health overhaul, reveals she's negotiating a deal to share some of her favourite recipes with fans.
During an appearance on U.S. talk show "The View" on Thursday, the Queen of Soul recalled her fondest memories in the kitchen, and when prompted about the idea of creating a cookbook, she revealed, "I don't (have one yet), but I will."
The "Respect" singer recently opened up about her love for food and the sacrifices she has made to reach a healthy weight.
She said, "I used to have hamburgers coming and going, especially when I was on the road. Now, occasionally I will still have that quarter pounder - because I love fast food - but you have to keep it to a minimum."
"I am now opting for salads and just healthier lunches."
The star even teased what she called the 'Aretha Salad', which includes radishes, olives, carrots, just a little shredded cheese, ranch dressing and a little lemon.
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music