Aretha Franklin Plans a Cookbook
The soul legend, Aretha Franklin who recently shed 85 pounds (38.5 kilograms) during a massive health overhaul, reveals she's negotiating a deal to share some of her favourite recipes with fans.
During an appearance on U.S. talk show "The View" on Thursday, the Queen of Soul recalled her fondest memories in the kitchen, and when prompted about the idea of creating a cookbook, she revealed, "I don't (have one yet), but I will."
The "Respect" singer recently opened up about her love for food and the sacrifices she has made to reach a healthy weight.
She said, "I used to have hamburgers coming and going, especially when I was on the road. Now, occasionally I will still have that quarter pounder - because I love fast food - but you have to keep it to a minimum."
"I am now opting for salads and just healthier lunches."
The star even teased what she called the 'Aretha Salad', which includes radishes, olives, carrots, just a little shredded cheese, ranch dressing and a little lemon.
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney Are 'Talking' About Giving Their Relationship Another Chance
- Michael Fassbender Wants You to Explore the World of 'Assassin's Creed' in New Featurette
- 'American Horror Story: Roanoke': Who Dies This Time and What Will Happen Next?
- Man Wielding Sledgehammer Smashes Donald Trump's Walk of Fame Star to Pieces
- Doctor Strange Could Unite the Divided Avengers in 'Infinity War', Says Benedict Cumberbatch