Aretha Franklin Plans a Cookbook
The soul legend, Aretha Franklin who recently shed 85 pounds (38.5 kilograms) during a massive health overhaul, reveals she's negotiating a deal to share some of her favourite recipes with fans.
During an appearance on U.S. talk show "The View" on Thursday, the Queen of Soul recalled her fondest memories in the kitchen, and when prompted about the idea of creating a cookbook, she revealed, "I don't (have one yet), but I will."
The "Respect" singer recently opened up about her love for food and the sacrifices she has made to reach a healthy weight.
She said, "I used to have hamburgers coming and going, especially when I was on the road. Now, occasionally I will still have that quarter pounder - because I love fast food - but you have to keep it to a minimum."
"I am now opting for salads and just healthier lunches."
The star even teased what she called the 'Aretha Salad', which includes radishes, olives, carrots, just a little shredded cheese, ranch dressing and a little lemon.
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week