David Bowie Art Exhibition Opening in New York
The rock icon will be the focus of David Bowie, Artist at the Museum of Arts and Design for a two-month display.
The special show, which opens on May 9, will feature the superstar's movie ventures, including "Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars" (1973), "The Hunger" (1983), "Basquiat" (1996) and a rare print of 1976's "The Man Who Fell To Earth".
A statement from museum organisers reads, "From his roots in such performance-based practices as cabaret, mime and avant-garde theatre to Ziggy Stardust..., his revolutionary tour that synthesised theatre, music and contemporary art into a rock spectacle, as well as his innovative video collaborations, and his work in cinema and theatre, David Bowie, Artist presents Bowie as one of the most iconoclastic cultural producers of the 20th century."
More David Bowie News
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now