David Bowie Art Exhibition Opening in New York
The rock icon will be the focus of David Bowie, Artist at the Museum of Arts and Design for a two-month display.
The special show, which opens on May 9, will feature the superstar's movie ventures, including "Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars" (1973), "The Hunger" (1983), "Basquiat" (1996) and a rare print of 1976's "The Man Who Fell To Earth".
A statement from museum organisers reads, "From his roots in such performance-based practices as cabaret, mime and avant-garde theatre to Ziggy Stardust..., his revolutionary tour that synthesised theatre, music and contemporary art into a rock spectacle, as well as his innovative video collaborations, and his work in cinema and theatre, David Bowie, Artist presents Bowie as one of the most iconoclastic cultural producers of the 20th century."
More David Bowie News
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels