David Bowie Art Exhibition Opening in New York
The rock icon will be the focus of David Bowie, Artist at the Museum of Arts and Design for a two-month display.
The special show, which opens on May 9, will feature the superstar's movie ventures, including "Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars" (1973), "The Hunger" (1983), "Basquiat" (1996) and a rare print of 1976's "The Man Who Fell To Earth".
A statement from museum organisers reads, "From his roots in such performance-based practices as cabaret, mime and avant-garde theatre to Ziggy Stardust..., his revolutionary tour that synthesised theatre, music and contemporary art into a rock spectacle, as well as his innovative video collaborations, and his work in cinema and theatre, David Bowie, Artist presents Bowie as one of the most iconoclastic cultural producers of the 20th century."
More David Bowie News
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'