David Bowie Art Exhibition Opening in New York
The rock icon will be the focus of David Bowie, Artist at the Museum of Arts and Design for a two-month display.
The special show, which opens on May 9, will feature the superstar's movie ventures, including "Ziggy Stardust and The Spiders From Mars" (1973), "The Hunger" (1983), "Basquiat" (1996) and a rare print of 1976's "The Man Who Fell To Earth".
A statement from museum organisers reads, "From his roots in such performance-based practices as cabaret, mime and avant-garde theatre to Ziggy Stardust..., his revolutionary tour that synthesised theatre, music and contemporary art into a rock spectacle, as well as his innovative video collaborations, and his work in cinema and theatre, David Bowie, Artist presents Bowie as one of the most iconoclastic cultural producers of the 20th century."
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics