Jennifer Hudson Felt 'Discrimination' Over Her Weight
Jennifer Hudson won an Oscar for her performance in 2006's "Dreamgirls" and went on to star in films including the 2008 "Sex and the City" movie and "The Secret Life of Bees".
Jennifer Hudson embarked on a strict diet after giving birth to her son David in 2009, dropping 80 pounds (36.2 kilograms) within months, and she is adamant her weight loss had a dramatic impact on her Hollywood career.
She tells Britain's Grazia, "Last week I saw some footage of myself as I was five years ago and I was surprised. It was like I recognised myself but I didn't. It seemed another world away. But in this slim world I do now realise I was being discriminated against. I'm offered more parts. There is much more excitement about me now."
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Charlize Theron Gets Called Out for Letting Her Son Dress Like Elsa of 'Frozen'
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Get Inked Together. Do They Have Matching Tattoos Now?
- Carpool Karaoke: Britney Spears Recreates 'Baby One More Time' Video, Says She'll Never Marry Again
- Mackenzie Davis on Domino Casting Rumor for 'Deadpool 2': 'I Wish I Did!'
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Totally Naked in Hot Tub During Vacation in Greece
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna