Jennifer Hudson Felt 'Discrimination' Over Her Weight
Jennifer Hudson won an Oscar for her performance in 2006's "Dreamgirls" and went on to star in films including the 2008 "Sex and the City" movie and "The Secret Life of Bees".
Jennifer Hudson embarked on a strict diet after giving birth to her son David in 2009, dropping 80 pounds (36.2 kilograms) within months, and she is adamant her weight loss had a dramatic impact on her Hollywood career.
She tells Britain's Grazia, "Last week I saw some footage of myself as I was five years ago and I was surprised. It was like I recognised myself but I didn't. It seemed another world away. But in this slim world I do now realise I was being discriminated against. I'm offered more parts. There is much more excitement about me now."
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio