Jennifer Hudson Felt 'Discrimination' Over Her Weight
Jennifer Hudson won an Oscar for her performance in 2006's "Dreamgirls" and went on to star in films including the 2008 "Sex and the City" movie and "The Secret Life of Bees".
Jennifer Hudson embarked on a strict diet after giving birth to her son David in 2009, dropping 80 pounds (36.2 kilograms) within months, and she is adamant her weight loss had a dramatic impact on her Hollywood career.
She tells Britain's Grazia, "Last week I saw some footage of myself as I was five years ago and I was surprised. It was like I recognised myself but I didn't. It seemed another world away. But in this slim world I do now realise I was being discriminated against. I'm offered more parts. There is much more excitement about me now."
- 'DWTS' Stars Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Survive Attempted Break-In
- Heather Morris on Her 'DWTS' Elimination: 'I Was Very Happy for the Last Time to Be Amazing'
- Tyga's Afraid of Losing Kylie Jenner Forever as He Feels 'Threatened' by Travis Scott
- Hailee Steinfeld's New Song 'Most Girls' Will Arrive This Week
- Tiny's 'Nervous' to Divorce T.I.: Their Children Are Her Biggest Concern
- Madonna Slams Biopic 'Blonde Ambition'
- AMC Renews 'Into the Badlands' for Expanded Season 3
- Juicy! Kourtney Kardashian Flaunts Butt in Thong One-Piece