Jennifer Hudson Felt 'Discrimination' Over Her Weight
Jennifer Hudson won an Oscar for her performance in 2006's "Dreamgirls" and went on to star in films including the 2008 "Sex and the City" movie and "The Secret Life of Bees".
Jennifer Hudson embarked on a strict diet after giving birth to her son David in 2009, dropping 80 pounds (36.2 kilograms) within months, and she is adamant her weight loss had a dramatic impact on her Hollywood career.
She tells Britain's Grazia, "Last week I saw some footage of myself as I was five years ago and I was surprised. It was like I recognised myself but I didn't. It seemed another world away. But in this slim world I do now realise I was being discriminated against. I'm offered more parts. There is much more excitement about me now."
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers