Jennifer Hudson Felt 'Discrimination' Over Her Weight
Jennifer Hudson won an Oscar for her performance in 2006's "Dreamgirls" and went on to star in films including the 2008 "Sex and the City" movie and "The Secret Life of Bees".
Jennifer Hudson embarked on a strict diet after giving birth to her son David in 2009, dropping 80 pounds (36.2 kilograms) within months, and she is adamant her weight loss had a dramatic impact on her Hollywood career.
She tells Britain's Grazia, "Last week I saw some footage of myself as I was five years ago and I was surprised. It was like I recognised myself but I didn't. It seemed another world away. But in this slim world I do now realise I was being discriminated against. I'm offered more parts. There is much more excitement about me now."
More Jennifer Hudson News
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7