Michael Douglas Cites Catherine Zeta-Jones' Welsh Background in Bipolar Battle
Catherine Zeta-Jones recently confirmed she spent time in a mental health clinic to treat a severe bout of depression, brought on by the stress of dealing with her husband's cancer diagnosis last year.
Michael Douglas believes his wife spent months struggling but refused to seek help until after he was given the all-clear from his throat cancer - and he is adamant her upbringing in Wales played a part in her determination to stay strong.
He tells TV host Oprah Winfrey, "I think that (is) part of Catherine's whole background, she's Welsh and (with) the Welsh it's all stiff upper lip, not let your feelings show... That played a big part of it, she's got to be stoic and deal with all the stuff I'm going through. Probably the time I'm off the hook, you finally relax."
The Hollywood actor also reveals Catherine Zeta-Jones is feeling much better, adding, "She's great now, she's shooting a movie and she's relieved she has a much better understanding because this was not something where she was clearly aware of what was going on."
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event
- Tom Brady's Missing Super Bowl Jersey Is Worth $500,000
- Jimmy Kimmel May Retire From Late-Night TV: 'I Have Very Little Free Time'
- 'The Flash' 3.14 Preview: Team Flash Is Ready to Battle Grodd and His Army
- Meghan Trainor to Release New Song 'I'm a Lady'