Michael Douglas Cites Catherine Zeta-Jones' Welsh Background in Bipolar Battle
Catherine Zeta-Jones recently confirmed she spent time in a mental health clinic to treat a severe bout of depression, brought on by the stress of dealing with her husband's cancer diagnosis last year.
Michael Douglas believes his wife spent months struggling but refused to seek help until after he was given the all-clear from his throat cancer - and he is adamant her upbringing in Wales played a part in her determination to stay strong.
He tells TV host Oprah Winfrey, "I think that (is) part of Catherine's whole background, she's Welsh and (with) the Welsh it's all stiff upper lip, not let your feelings show... That played a big part of it, she's got to be stoic and deal with all the stuff I'm going through. Probably the time I'm off the hook, you finally relax."
The Hollywood actor also reveals Catherine Zeta-Jones is feeling much better, adding, "She's great now, she's shooting a movie and she's relieved she has a much better understanding because this was not something where she was clearly aware of what was going on."
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2