Michael Douglas Cites Catherine Zeta-Jones' Welsh Background in Bipolar Battle
Catherine Zeta-Jones recently confirmed she spent time in a mental health clinic to treat a severe bout of depression, brought on by the stress of dealing with her husband's cancer diagnosis last year.
Michael Douglas believes his wife spent months struggling but refused to seek help until after he was given the all-clear from his throat cancer - and he is adamant her upbringing in Wales played a part in her determination to stay strong.
He tells TV host Oprah Winfrey, "I think that (is) part of Catherine's whole background, she's Welsh and (with) the Welsh it's all stiff upper lip, not let your feelings show... That played a big part of it, she's got to be stoic and deal with all the stuff I'm going through. Probably the time I'm off the hook, you finally relax."
The Hollywood actor also reveals Catherine Zeta-Jones is feeling much better, adding, "She's great now, she's shooting a movie and she's relieved she has a much better understanding because this was not something where she was clearly aware of what was going on."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'