Mary J. Blige Reveals Pre-Performance Routine
The "No More Drama" hitmaker, Mary J. Blige, has a set pre-performance routine and she goes to immense effort to make sure her vocal cords are in perfect shape before she goes on stage.
She tells the New York Post, "Humidifier. No air-conditioner on show day. Drink lots of water. Wear neck scarves. Do warm-ups. Don't yell at anybody. My voice coach gives me a CD, so I practice those lessons before I go on stage. The throat gets tired. You get hoarse. There's reflux. Sleeping, you burn up your vocal cord. You must care about that. It's a muscle. It needs fine tuning."
"See, you've got to be the best. I want to be the best. There is no trick."
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death