Mary J. Blige Reveals Pre-Performance Routine
The "No More Drama" hitmaker, Mary J. Blige, has a set pre-performance routine and she goes to immense effort to make sure her vocal cords are in perfect shape before she goes on stage.
She tells the New York Post, "Humidifier. No air-conditioner on show day. Drink lots of water. Wear neck scarves. Do warm-ups. Don't yell at anybody. My voice coach gives me a CD, so I practice those lessons before I go on stage. The throat gets tired. You get hoarse. There's reflux. Sleeping, you burn up your vocal cord. You must care about that. It's a muscle. It needs fine tuning."
"See, you've got to be the best. I want to be the best. There is no trick."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival