Mary J. Blige Reveals Pre-Performance Routine
The "No More Drama" hitmaker, Mary J. Blige, has a set pre-performance routine and she goes to immense effort to make sure her vocal cords are in perfect shape before she goes on stage.
She tells the New York Post, "Humidifier. No air-conditioner on show day. Drink lots of water. Wear neck scarves. Do warm-ups. Don't yell at anybody. My voice coach gives me a CD, so I practice those lessons before I go on stage. The throat gets tired. You get hoarse. There's reflux. Sleeping, you burn up your vocal cord. You must care about that. It's a muscle. It needs fine tuning."
"See, you've got to be the best. I want to be the best. There is no trick."
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'