Mary J. Blige Reveals Pre-Performance Routine
The "No More Drama" hitmaker, Mary J. Blige, has a set pre-performance routine and she goes to immense effort to make sure her vocal cords are in perfect shape before she goes on stage.
She tells the New York Post, "Humidifier. No air-conditioner on show day. Drink lots of water. Wear neck scarves. Do warm-ups. Don't yell at anybody. My voice coach gives me a CD, so I practice those lessons before I go on stage. The throat gets tired. You get hoarse. There's reflux. Sleeping, you burn up your vocal cord. You must care about that. It's a muscle. It needs fine tuning."
"See, you've got to be the best. I want to be the best. There is no trick."
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding