Lady GaGa's Pride Over Godmother Role
The "Rocket Man" hitmaker, Elton John and his partner David Furnish became first-time parents over Christmas, 2010 and the news prompted frenzied speculation over who they would ask to take on the special honour.
Sir Elton John recently confirmed they have picked Lady GaGa, saying, "Yes, (GaGa is the godmother). When you get to the real person underneath, there's a very simple New York girl who loves her parents. I love her to death and a lot of people said, 'Oh that's crazy.' But they don't know her, and we do."
The "Poker Face" hitmaker has now spoken of her joy over the role, telling British TV show Daybreak, "Zachary is a beautiful, beautiful boy and I feel very honoured to be invited into their family."
More Lady GaGa News
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?