Lady GaGa's Pride Over Godmother Role
The "Rocket Man" hitmaker, Elton John and his partner David Furnish became first-time parents over Christmas, 2010 and the news prompted frenzied speculation over who they would ask to take on the special honour.
Sir Elton John recently confirmed they have picked Lady GaGa, saying, "Yes, (GaGa is the godmother). When you get to the real person underneath, there's a very simple New York girl who loves her parents. I love her to death and a lot of people said, 'Oh that's crazy.' But they don't know her, and we do."
The "Poker Face" hitmaker has now spoken of her joy over the role, telling British TV show Daybreak, "Zachary is a beautiful, beautiful boy and I feel very honoured to be invited into their family."
More Lady GaGa News
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie