Lady GaGa's Pride Over Godmother Role
The "Rocket Man" hitmaker, Elton John and his partner David Furnish became first-time parents over Christmas, 2010 and the news prompted frenzied speculation over who they would ask to take on the special honour.
Sir Elton John recently confirmed they have picked Lady GaGa, saying, "Yes, (GaGa is the godmother). When you get to the real person underneath, there's a very simple New York girl who loves her parents. I love her to death and a lot of people said, 'Oh that's crazy.' But they don't know her, and we do."
The "Poker Face" hitmaker has now spoken of her joy over the role, telling British TV show Daybreak, "Zachary is a beautiful, beautiful boy and I feel very honoured to be invited into their family."
More Lady GaGa News
- 'Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later' Gets Star-Studded First Trailer
- 'Jurassic World' Sequel Reveals Official Title and First Poster
- Harry Styles Mourning the Loss of His Stepfather
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album