Helen Mirren Wants 'Substantial Holiday'
Helen Mirren is eyeing a "substantial" break away from Hollywood - so she can sew "horrible clothes" and renovate her Italian farmhouse. "The Queen" star has been acting for more than 40 years but admits she's ready to retreat to Puglia in Italy, where she and her husband, director Taylor Hackford, own a property.
Mirren, who turns 66 in July, struggles to keep up with the physical demands of shooting films and insists she can't wait to embrace the quiet life. She tells Britain's Daily Express, "Making movies is a young person's game because it's exhausting. Your energy has to be up all the time."
"We did 15-hour days every day so your whole body is constantly moving around. It was really hard work. We are finishing a house in Italy so I hope to spend some time there. I'll make some horrible clothes for myself, because I love dressmaking but always make horrible things."
"I've reached a point in my life and career where I'm not dissatisfied any more. I'm not looking for something else so I can simply enjoy the rest of my life. I haven't had a break for as long as I can remember. I've worked so hard and I really want to have a substantial holiday."
- 'KUWTK' Returns for Another Season as 'Life of Kylie' Ends Up Being a Flop
- 'Downtown Abbey' Movie Is in the Works
- Rob Kardashian Is Lawyering Up Against Blac Chyna
- Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron Are Feuding Over 'Bride of Frankenstein' Role
- Nick Jonas to Embrace 'Positivity' in His New Album
- 'Glee' Star Charice Pempengco Changes Name to Jake Zyrus. Is She Transitioning?
- Girls Lined Up to Give Tom Cruise Blow Job on Set of 'Risky Business', Co-Star Reveals
- Courtney Stodden Strips Down to Tiny Underwear to Perform Striptease