Helen Mirren Wants 'Substantial Holiday'
Helen Mirren is eyeing a "substantial" break away from Hollywood - so she can sew "horrible clothes" and renovate her Italian farmhouse. "The Queen" star has been acting for more than 40 years but admits she's ready to retreat to Puglia in Italy, where she and her husband, director Taylor Hackford, own a property.
Mirren, who turns 66 in July, struggles to keep up with the physical demands of shooting films and insists she can't wait to embrace the quiet life. She tells Britain's Daily Express, "Making movies is a young person's game because it's exhausting. Your energy has to be up all the time."
"We did 15-hour days every day so your whole body is constantly moving around. It was really hard work. We are finishing a house in Italy so I hope to spend some time there. I'll make some horrible clothes for myself, because I love dressmaking but always make horrible things."
"I've reached a point in my life and career where I'm not dissatisfied any more. I'm not looking for something else so I can simply enjoy the rest of my life. I haven't had a break for as long as I can remember. I've worked so hard and I really want to have a substantial holiday."
- NBC Sets Premiere Date for DC Comics' Comedy 'Powerless'
- Meghan Trainor Scraps Remaining 2016 Tour Dates due to Illness
- Pharrell Joins Forces With Alicia Keys on New Song 'Apple'
- Jennifer Lawrence Gets Blasted for Scratching Her Butt on Sacred Rocks
- The Rock Seduced by a Bikini Babe in 'Baywatch' Longer Teaser Trailer
- Taylor Swift and Zayn Malik Team Up for 'Fifty Shades Darker' Song 'I Don't Wanna Live Forever'
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016