Helen Mirren Wants 'Substantial Holiday'
Helen Mirren is eyeing a "substantial" break away from Hollywood - so she can sew "horrible clothes" and renovate her Italian farmhouse. "The Queen" star has been acting for more than 40 years but admits she's ready to retreat to Puglia in Italy, where she and her husband, director Taylor Hackford, own a property.
Mirren, who turns 66 in July, struggles to keep up with the physical demands of shooting films and insists she can't wait to embrace the quiet life. She tells Britain's Daily Express, "Making movies is a young person's game because it's exhausting. Your energy has to be up all the time."
"We did 15-hour days every day so your whole body is constantly moving around. It was really hard work. We are finishing a house in Italy so I hope to spend some time there. I'll make some horrible clothes for myself, because I love dressmaking but always make horrible things."
"I've reached a point in my life and career where I'm not dissatisfied any more. I'm not looking for something else so I can simply enjoy the rest of my life. I haven't had a break for as long as I can remember. I've worked so hard and I really want to have a substantial holiday."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7