Mum States Elton John Cut Her 'Out of His Life'
Elton John's mum has spoken of her heartbreak over her three-year rift with the singer, whom she alleges has "cut me out of his life". Sheila Farebrother was a witness at Elton's 2005 civil ceremony with his partner David Furnish but her relationship with the star has since fallen apart and they no longer speak.
According to Britain's The Sun newspaper, the pair fell out after Farebrother made a comment that insulted Furnish. The 86-year-old has refused to comment on reports she sparked a feud with her son's partner, telling the publication, "It was something like that, but not exactly."
"He [Elton] has cut me off completely," she adds. "It happened three years ago this June. He has had nothing to do with me since then. I don't want to go into what caused it. It is a painful subject. My son cut me out of his life for good."
Farebrother reveals the star didn't inform her when he welcomed a baby boy, Zachary, on Christmas 2010 and insists there are no plans for her to meet her grandson, "I have no particular interest really. You will have to ask them about that."
But Farebrother is adamant she doesn't want to "start mudslinging" - because the "Rocket Man" hitmaker still supports her financially.
"I have never had a conversation with him about whether he talks to his mother," a spokesperson for the singer says. "She is a lovely lady but she is 86 and she is frail and old."
More Elton John News
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'
- Gigi Hadid Blames Meds for Skinnier Figure, Announces Social Media Break Over the Holidays
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Sideboob and Butt While Celebrating Birthday With Meek Mill
- 'La La Land' and 'Arrival' Among AFI's Top Ten Movies of 2016
- Donald Trump Is Still Involved in 'The Apprentice' After All
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson