Hoping to Wed Avril Lavigne, Actor Launches Online Campaign
A little-known actor has launched an online bid to raise cash to fund a trip to Los Angeles so he can propose to pop star Avril Lavigne. Jason Selvig wants to raise $5,000 (GBP3,125) to cover his travel costs and expenses - and strangely enough, people are already pledging to help him succeed via funding platform website Kickstarter.com.
Smitten Selvig states he has been in love with the Canadian pop star, who is currently dating Kim Kardashian's half-brother Brody Jenner, but has "never had the opportunity to be in the same room with her".
The blurb on Kickstarter.com reads, "In order to finally marry Avril (or at least date her long enough to get into one of those real-couple fights), Jason needs to get to Los Angeles where she lives. After doing some math, he figured $5,000 would be enough to fly him out there, put him up, and get him in the same room as her so that he can take her out for a nice night on the town."
Selvig also hopes to film his experience and turn it into "a pretty awesome documentary short". So far, Selvig has raised $30 (GBP18.80) from three pledges.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3