Hoping to Wed Avril Lavigne, Actor Launches Online Campaign
A little-known actor has launched an online bid to raise cash to fund a trip to Los Angeles so he can propose to pop star Avril Lavigne. Jason Selvig wants to raise $5,000 (GBP3,125) to cover his travel costs and expenses - and strangely enough, people are already pledging to help him succeed via funding platform website Kickstarter.com.
Smitten Selvig states he has been in love with the Canadian pop star, who is currently dating Kim Kardashian's half-brother Brody Jenner, but has "never had the opportunity to be in the same room with her".
The blurb on Kickstarter.com reads, "In order to finally marry Avril (or at least date her long enough to get into one of those real-couple fights), Jason needs to get to Los Angeles where she lives. After doing some math, he figured $5,000 would be enough to fly him out there, put him up, and get him in the same room as her so that he can take her out for a nice night on the town."
Selvig also hopes to film his experience and turn it into "a pretty awesome documentary short". So far, Selvig has raised $30 (GBP18.80) from three pledges.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers