Hoping to Wed Avril Lavigne, Actor Launches Online Campaign
A little-known actor has launched an online bid to raise cash to fund a trip to Los Angeles so he can propose to pop star Avril Lavigne. Jason Selvig wants to raise $5,000 (GBP3,125) to cover his travel costs and expenses - and strangely enough, people are already pledging to help him succeed via funding platform website Kickstarter.com.
Smitten Selvig states he has been in love with the Canadian pop star, who is currently dating Kim Kardashian's half-brother Brody Jenner, but has "never had the opportunity to be in the same room with her".
The blurb on Kickstarter.com reads, "In order to finally marry Avril (or at least date her long enough to get into one of those real-couple fights), Jason needs to get to Los Angeles where she lives. After doing some math, he figured $5,000 would be enough to fly him out there, put him up, and get him in the same room as her so that he can take her out for a nice night on the town."
Selvig also hopes to film his experience and turn it into "a pretty awesome documentary short". So far, Selvig has raised $30 (GBP18.80) from three pledges.
More Avril Lavigne News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna