Hoping to Wed Avril Lavigne, Actor Launches Online Campaign
A little-known actor has launched an online bid to raise cash to fund a trip to Los Angeles so he can propose to pop star Avril Lavigne. Jason Selvig wants to raise $5,000 (GBP3,125) to cover his travel costs and expenses - and strangely enough, people are already pledging to help him succeed via funding platform website Kickstarter.com.
Smitten Selvig states he has been in love with the Canadian pop star, who is currently dating Kim Kardashian's half-brother Brody Jenner, but has "never had the opportunity to be in the same room with her".
The blurb on Kickstarter.com reads, "In order to finally marry Avril (or at least date her long enough to get into one of those real-couple fights), Jason needs to get to Los Angeles where she lives. After doing some math, he figured $5,000 would be enough to fly him out there, put him up, and get him in the same room as her so that he can take her out for a nice night on the town."
Selvig also hopes to film his experience and turn it into "a pretty awesome documentary short". So far, Selvig has raised $30 (GBP18.80) from three pledges.
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder