Jennifer Lopez Will Tour the World Looking for Latin TV Talent
The pop superstar, who is receiving rave reviews as a judge on American Idol, has teamed up with music mogul Simon Fuller and her husband Marc Anthony for Q'Viva! The Chosen.
The couple will travel around the world finding the best Latin wannabes in 21 countries as part of the show, which will culminate in a live extravaganza.
Britney Spears' one-time choreographer Jamie King will direct the series, which will be filmed in three languages, according to Billboard.com.
Announcing the programme on Wednesday (27Apr11), Jennifer Lopez says, "This is a show for the 21st century with an unprecedented global and local story. The Latin culture is a tapestry that is rich in passion, tradition and artistry and we are going to places where all of this talent lives and wouldn't have otherwise been discovered."
It is still not known if Lopez will shoot Q'Viva! The Chosen around a second season of American Idol.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers