Jennifer Lopez Will Tour the World Looking for Latin TV Talent
The pop superstar, who is receiving rave reviews as a judge on American Idol, has teamed up with music mogul Simon Fuller and her husband Marc Anthony for Q'Viva! The Chosen.
The couple will travel around the world finding the best Latin wannabes in 21 countries as part of the show, which will culminate in a live extravaganza.
Britney Spears' one-time choreographer Jamie King will direct the series, which will be filmed in three languages, according to Billboard.com.
Announcing the programme on Wednesday (27Apr11), Jennifer Lopez says, "This is a show for the 21st century with an unprecedented global and local story. The Latin culture is a tapestry that is rich in passion, tradition and artistry and we are going to places where all of this talent lives and wouldn't have otherwise been discovered."
It is still not known if Lopez will shoot Q'Viva! The Chosen around a second season of American Idol.
More Jennifer Lopez News
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers