Eva Mendes: 'Marriage Is Boring'
The "Hitch" actress Eva Mendes has been dating filmmaker George Augusto since 2002, but the pair has never taken the next step to make the union official.
And Mendes insists the tradition of marriage is no longer relevant.
She says, "I just don't think marriage is necessary, as necessary as society makes it. And I don't have a negative point of view on it. I just think it's a very old tradition and if you look back to what marriage symbolises in the first place... it has nothing to do with why we get married today."
"I don't know if I want children, but the idea of marriage sounds very boring to me. I have to be honest... I am extremely romantic but I think there is that little rebel inside me that is anti-establishment. It's just one more fun thing I can rebel against."
More Eva Mendes News
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign