Eva Mendes: 'Marriage Is Boring'
The "Hitch" actress Eva Mendes has been dating filmmaker George Augusto since 2002, but the pair has never taken the next step to make the union official.
And Mendes insists the tradition of marriage is no longer relevant.
She says, "I just don't think marriage is necessary, as necessary as society makes it. And I don't have a negative point of view on it. I just think it's a very old tradition and if you look back to what marriage symbolises in the first place... it has nothing to do with why we get married today."
"I don't know if I want children, but the idea of marriage sounds very boring to me. I have to be honest... I am extremely romantic but I think there is that little rebel inside me that is anti-establishment. It's just one more fun thing I can rebel against."
More Eva Mendes News
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent