Brenda Blethyn Marries at Last
The "Secrets & Lies" star, Brenda Blethyn, wed art director Michael Mayhew in a low-key ceremony at a registry office in south London in June last year.
She spoke about the surprise nuptials during an interview on U.K. TV show "This Morning" on Wednesday, and told of her relief after so many years as an unmarried couple.
Brenda Blethyn says, "(It was) last June. After a 35-year engagement! It just seemed the time was right. Michael decided to leave the National Theatre and it just seemed right. We had a quiet wedding in Peckham registry office, and Michael took it so seriously. His chin started to quiver as we were taking our vows. I was in hysterics."
"It does actually feel different. I can't put my finger on what it is. It's kind of like a continual cuddle. I can't explain it."
Mayhew is Blethyn's second husband - she wed Alan Blethyn in 1964 but their marriage ended in 1973.
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation