Brenda Blethyn Marries at Last
The "Secrets & Lies" star, Brenda Blethyn, wed art director Michael Mayhew in a low-key ceremony at a registry office in south London in June last year.
She spoke about the surprise nuptials during an interview on U.K. TV show "This Morning" on Wednesday, and told of her relief after so many years as an unmarried couple.
Brenda Blethyn says, "(It was) last June. After a 35-year engagement! It just seemed the time was right. Michael decided to leave the National Theatre and it just seemed right. We had a quiet wedding in Peckham registry office, and Michael took it so seriously. His chin started to quiver as we were taking our vows. I was in hysterics."
"It does actually feel different. I can't put my finger on what it is. It's kind of like a continual cuddle. I can't explain it."
Mayhew is Blethyn's second husband - she wed Alan Blethyn in 1964 but their marriage ended in 1973.
- Shia LaBeouf Flashes His Penis While Peeing at the Beach
- Mila Kunis and Kristen Bell Boozing and Whining in 'Bad Moms Christmas' Red Band Teaser Trailer
- Alec Baldwin Accidentally Reveals He and Wife Hilaria Are Renewing Their Wedding Vows
- Here's John Mayer's Cool Response to Katy Perry Ranking Him No. 1 in Bed
- Taylor Swift Is Working on Collaboration With Drake
- Emilia Clarke Says Being a Woman in Hollywood Is 'Like Dealing With Racism'
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene