Brenda Blethyn Marries at Last
The "Secrets & Lies" star, Brenda Blethyn, wed art director Michael Mayhew in a low-key ceremony at a registry office in south London in June last year.
She spoke about the surprise nuptials during an interview on U.K. TV show "This Morning" on Wednesday, and told of her relief after so many years as an unmarried couple.
Brenda Blethyn says, "(It was) last June. After a 35-year engagement! It just seemed the time was right. Michael decided to leave the National Theatre and it just seemed right. We had a quiet wedding in Peckham registry office, and Michael took it so seriously. His chin started to quiver as we were taking our vows. I was in hysterics."
"It does actually feel different. I can't put my finger on what it is. It's kind of like a continual cuddle. I can't explain it."
Mayhew is Blethyn's second husband - she wed Alan Blethyn in 1964 but their marriage ended in 1973.
- 'Petty' Kylie Jenner's Not Happy Scott Disick Still Hangs Out With Her Ex Tyga
- 'The Walking Dead': The First Two New Characters in Season 8 Revealed
- 'Unbreakable'/'Split' Sequel 'Glass' Is Announced, Bruce Willis and James McAvoy Will Return
- Kim Kardashian's 'Jealous' of Kourtney's Hot Beach Body
- Katy Perry Announces Migos Collaboration 'Bon Appetit'
- Hilary Swank Boards FX's 'Trust'
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians