Brenda Blethyn Marries at Last
The "Secrets & Lies" star, Brenda Blethyn, wed art director Michael Mayhew in a low-key ceremony at a registry office in south London in June last year.
She spoke about the surprise nuptials during an interview on U.K. TV show "This Morning" on Wednesday, and told of her relief after so many years as an unmarried couple.
Brenda Blethyn says, "(It was) last June. After a 35-year engagement! It just seemed the time was right. Michael decided to leave the National Theatre and it just seemed right. We had a quiet wedding in Peckham registry office, and Michael took it so seriously. His chin started to quiver as we were taking our vows. I was in hysterics."
"It does actually feel different. I can't put my finger on what it is. It's kind of like a continual cuddle. I can't explain it."
Mayhew is Blethyn's second husband - she wed Alan Blethyn in 1964 but their marriage ended in 1973.
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves
- Stan Lee Supports Zendaya to Portray Mary Jane in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston Bring Thor and Loki to Children Hospital in Australia
- Kendall Jenner Flaunts Her Booty in Unpublished Vogue Pic
- 'Pretty Little Liars' 7.10 Preview: The Kidnapper Gets Attacked
- Iggy Azalea Hits Recording Studio With Verse Simmonds