Brenda Blethyn Marries at Last
The "Secrets & Lies" star, Brenda Blethyn, wed art director Michael Mayhew in a low-key ceremony at a registry office in south London in June last year.
She spoke about the surprise nuptials during an interview on U.K. TV show "This Morning" on Wednesday, and told of her relief after so many years as an unmarried couple.
Brenda Blethyn says, "(It was) last June. After a 35-year engagement! It just seemed the time was right. Michael decided to leave the National Theatre and it just seemed right. We had a quiet wedding in Peckham registry office, and Michael took it so seriously. His chin started to quiver as we were taking our vows. I was in hysterics."
"It does actually feel different. I can't put my finger on what it is. It's kind of like a continual cuddle. I can't explain it."
Mayhew is Blethyn's second husband - she wed Alan Blethyn in 1964 but their marriage ended in 1973.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences