Jennifer Hudson Keen for 'The X Factor (US)' Judge Cameo
The "Spotlight" hitmaker, Jennifer Hudson found fame after appearing on the music mogul's series "American Idol" in 2004. Despite finishing in seventh place in the singing contest, Jennifer Hudson has gone on to release two hit albums and has won an Academy Award and Golden Globe for her film debut in "Dreamgirls".
And Hudson is eager to share her advice for making it big with hopefuls on the upcoming U.S. version of Simon Cowell's hit British TV programme "The X Factor".
She tells Digital Spy, "I would like to make a cameo rather than be a permanent judge. I was once in those people's shoes, and unlike Simon, I'd find it hard to tell people the truth!"
"To be there and give some encouragement as a one-off would be nice. I want to see what Simon's got up his sleeve for this show, and how it's going to compete with 'American Idol'. I guess we'll be finding out soon enough!"
Music mogul Antonio 'L.A.' Reid has been confirmed for "The X Factor (US)" judging panel, while Mariah Carey will also be a part of the show. Jessica Simpson, Nicole Scherzinger and Cheryl Cole have also been linked to roles in the series, which is due to launch in America in September.
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune