Jennifer Hudson Keen for 'The X Factor (US)' Judge Cameo
The "Spotlight" hitmaker, Jennifer Hudson found fame after appearing on the music mogul's series "American Idol" in 2004. Despite finishing in seventh place in the singing contest, Jennifer Hudson has gone on to release two hit albums and has won an Academy Award and Golden Globe for her film debut in "Dreamgirls".
And Hudson is eager to share her advice for making it big with hopefuls on the upcoming U.S. version of Simon Cowell's hit British TV programme "The X Factor".
She tells Digital Spy, "I would like to make a cameo rather than be a permanent judge. I was once in those people's shoes, and unlike Simon, I'd find it hard to tell people the truth!"
"To be there and give some encouragement as a one-off would be nice. I want to see what Simon's got up his sleeve for this show, and how it's going to compete with 'American Idol'. I guess we'll be finding out soon enough!"
Music mogul Antonio 'L.A.' Reid has been confirmed for "The X Factor (US)" judging panel, while Mariah Carey will also be a part of the show. Jessica Simpson, Nicole Scherzinger and Cheryl Cole have also been linked to roles in the series, which is due to launch in America in September.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris