Jennifer Hudson Keen for 'The X Factor (US)' Judge Cameo
The "Spotlight" hitmaker, Jennifer Hudson found fame after appearing on the music mogul's series "American Idol" in 2004. Despite finishing in seventh place in the singing contest, Jennifer Hudson has gone on to release two hit albums and has won an Academy Award and Golden Globe for her film debut in "Dreamgirls".
And Hudson is eager to share her advice for making it big with hopefuls on the upcoming U.S. version of Simon Cowell's hit British TV programme "The X Factor".
She tells Digital Spy, "I would like to make a cameo rather than be a permanent judge. I was once in those people's shoes, and unlike Simon, I'd find it hard to tell people the truth!"
"To be there and give some encouragement as a one-off would be nice. I want to see what Simon's got up his sleeve for this show, and how it's going to compete with 'American Idol'. I guess we'll be finding out soon enough!"
Music mogul Antonio 'L.A.' Reid has been confirmed for "The X Factor (US)" judging panel, while Mariah Carey will also be a part of the show. Jessica Simpson, Nicole Scherzinger and Cheryl Cole have also been linked to roles in the series, which is due to launch in America in September.
More Jennifer Hudson News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'