Kate Nash Launches Record Label
The Foundations hitmaker set up a trust fund to promote the arts after receiving her first royalties cheque, and she's now turned the organisation into Have 10p Records.
Her label's first release was the debut single by Brigitte Aphrodite - and Kate Nash is hoping to sign more acts in the future.
She tells NME magazine, "I suddenly had some extra money and I wanted to give something back to the arts. I always felt very passionate about it, so I set up a trust fund to promote the arts...
"Then I started watching Brigitte Aphrodite, who's a really amazing musician... So I asked my accountant: 'If I rolled the trust fund into a record label, would that work?' And he said yeah. So I did it. Have 10p Records was the result, and we've just put out Brigitte's first single."
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic
- Move Out Rihanna! Drake Wakes Up Next to 'the Most Beautiful Woman' After His Birthday Party
- 'Carpool Karaoke': Lady GaGa Is Novice Driver, James Corden Tries on Her Infamous Costumes
- Shia LaBeouf Is a Marine With PTSD in 'Man Down' Teaser Trailer
- Rihanna Sends Taylor Swift a Warning After Pop Diva Spent Her Night Partying With Drake