Kate Nash Launches Record Label
The Foundations hitmaker set up a trust fund to promote the arts after receiving her first royalties cheque, and she's now turned the organisation into Have 10p Records.
Her label's first release was the debut single by Brigitte Aphrodite - and Kate Nash is hoping to sign more acts in the future.
She tells NME magazine, "I suddenly had some extra money and I wanted to give something back to the arts. I always felt very passionate about it, so I set up a trust fund to promote the arts...
"Then I started watching Brigitte Aphrodite, who's a really amazing musician... So I asked my accountant: 'If I rolled the trust fund into a record label, would that work?' And he said yeah. So I did it. Have 10p Records was the result, and we've just put out Brigitte's first single."
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?
- 'This Is Us' Stars on Latest Twist: 'I'm Rooting for Jack and Rebecca'
- Watch Justin Timberlake Amaze Las Vegas Crowd in First Full Trailer for Netflix Concert Doc
- Gwyneth Paltrow Shares Makeup-Free Selfie to Celebrate 44th Birthday
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens