Kate Nash Launches Record Label
The Foundations hitmaker set up a trust fund to promote the arts after receiving her first royalties cheque, and she's now turned the organisation into Have 10p Records.
Her label's first release was the debut single by Brigitte Aphrodite - and Kate Nash is hoping to sign more acts in the future.
She tells NME magazine, "I suddenly had some extra money and I wanted to give something back to the arts. I always felt very passionate about it, so I set up a trust fund to promote the arts...
"Then I started watching Brigitte Aphrodite, who's a really amazing musician... So I asked my accountant: 'If I rolled the trust fund into a record label, would that work?' And he said yeah. So I did it. Have 10p Records was the result, and we've just put out Brigitte's first single."
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic