Kate Nash Launches Record Label
The Foundations hitmaker set up a trust fund to promote the arts after receiving her first royalties cheque, and she's now turned the organisation into Have 10p Records.
Her label's first release was the debut single by Brigitte Aphrodite - and Kate Nash is hoping to sign more acts in the future.
She tells NME magazine, "I suddenly had some extra money and I wanted to give something back to the arts. I always felt very passionate about it, so I set up a trust fund to promote the arts...
"Then I started watching Brigitte Aphrodite, who's a really amazing musician... So I asked my accountant: 'If I rolled the trust fund into a record label, would that work?' And he said yeah. So I did it. Have 10p Records was the result, and we've just put out Brigitte's first single."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns