Jean-Claude Van Damme Determined to Land Walk of Fame Star
Jean-Claude Van Damme walked along the famous Los Angeles landmark when he was a young wannabe and fantasised about the day his name would be among the greats.
Gladys Portugues is desperate to see the "Bloodsport" star receive the sidewalk honour while he's still alive, insisting the tribute is "so long overdue".
Appearing on reality show "Jean Claude Van Damme: Behind Closed Doors", she explains, "It all started way back in the '80s. I was very pregnant with (son) Kristopher. JC and I would walk on the Walk of Fame at all hours of the night. You can walk here till three in the morning - you see the stars and you see so many people and so much life."
"We always used to look at the stars and kind of reminisce. We even put our handprints over Bruce Lee's, for example, and I did Marilyn Monroe's."
"He's accomplished his dream with his acting and being in movies but his biggest dream yet - it needs to be accomplished and it will be accomplished - is a star on the Walk of Fame."
"It's something that is so long overdue for him and he so deserves it and I do hope that he gets it one day while he's alive. I tell you, the day he gets one, I will be in tears. I'll make sure I wear no mascara, no make-up, no nothing."
More Jean-Claude Van Damme News
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius