John Mayall's Son Is a High School Baseball Star
John Mayall and his realtor/singer wife Maggie Mayall have high hopes for Sammy Mayall and the former John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers leader admits he has developed an interest in the sport through his son's achievements.
He says, "All sport is foreign to me except soccer. Even cricket, to me, is mind-boggling. I've never been a sports fan but it's wonderful to see that he has developed into something... His enthusiasm is really great to see and he plays really well."
"I'm beginning to get the hang of it... I have to have the scoreboard, though. Without the scoreboard, I'd be totally lost."
Maggie adds, "We hope he'll be playing at the college level. He's on a great team. He's got a great coach and we'll see what happens in the next couple of years."
"John is really coming along. When our son was in little league, he'd call the field a pitch... I'm quite proud of him."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival