Michael Douglas Fights Tears as He Talks About Cancer Battle on TV
The movie legend Michael Douglas was a guest on Tuesday's "The Oprah Winfrey Show" when he was blindsided by a question about how his health scare has changed him.
Pausing to fight back tears, the actor said, "Wow! I know that I'm much closer to my friends and family. I have a much deeper appreciation of family and friends. I was moved by the outpouring of support and I was truly overwhelmed by the fan support."
And he revealed he has discovered a new appreciation for religion following his cancer fight.
The "Wall Street" star added, "For somebody who has no formal education... the amount of prayers and support that I received worldwide, I think truly did have an influence... in what happened."
But Michael Douglas insists his dogged determination to get on with things really helped him win his first battle with cancer: "You got cancer, you gotta take care of business and they tell you, 'You've got seven weeks of radiation and chemo...' you kind of dive in and do it. I'm the type of person when they're sick... I don't like a lot of fuss or attention... So I got on with it."
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway