Michael Douglas Fights Tears as He Talks About Cancer Battle on TV
The movie legend Michael Douglas was a guest on Tuesday's "The Oprah Winfrey Show" when he was blindsided by a question about how his health scare has changed him.
Pausing to fight back tears, the actor said, "Wow! I know that I'm much closer to my friends and family. I have a much deeper appreciation of family and friends. I was moved by the outpouring of support and I was truly overwhelmed by the fan support."
And he revealed he has discovered a new appreciation for religion following his cancer fight.
The "Wall Street" star added, "For somebody who has no formal education... the amount of prayers and support that I received worldwide, I think truly did have an influence... in what happened."
But Michael Douglas insists his dogged determination to get on with things really helped him win his first battle with cancer: "You got cancer, you gotta take care of business and they tell you, 'You've got seven weeks of radiation and chemo...' you kind of dive in and do it. I'm the type of person when they're sick... I don't like a lot of fuss or attention... So I got on with it."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!