Alicia Silverstone Calling for More Japan Help
The "Clueless" star Alicia Silverstone has been moved by the images of devastation from last month's disasters and she is determined to highlight the ongoing plight of survivors.
Alicia Silverstone has called on readers of her blog to donate cash to the Red Cross and the Save Japan Dolphins organisation, as well as asking them to help raise awareness of the environmental crisis on social networking site Facebook.
In a post on her website entitled 'Please continue to help victims of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan!', she writes, "Many of you have probably donated already, but I just wanted to send a little reminder that suffering continues even after the media moves on. Here are some ways that you can continue to help Japan... "
"Causes Facebook App - Search 'Japan' for a list of orgs (organisations) you can donate to. You'll find everything from humanitarian aid to animal rescue."
"Save Japan Dolphins - despite the turmoil, activists continue their efforts to save Japan's dolphins. Red Cross - You can donate $10 by texting REDCROSS to 90999."
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture