Lindsay Lohan: 'I've Made a Lot of Mistakes'
The "Mean Girls" star, Lindsay Lohan, was ordered back to jail for a fourth time on Friday after a Los Angeles judge ruled she had violated her probation stemming from a 2007 DUI charge.
The sentence, which also includes 400 hours of community service, came as she pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanour charge relating to the alleged theft of a necklace from a California jewellery store back in January, 2011. The judge decided the accusation constituted a parole violation and Lindsay Lohan was booked into a California jail before being freed on bail to appeal the sentence.
However, the young star is ready to own up to her mistakes and is now looking forward to putting the past firmly behind her.
During an appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", which will air in the U.S. on Tuesday, she says, "Being young and being in a position that I was in, you don't really take the time to appreciate what you have. It's all kind of a whirlwind, people make decisions for you."
"(But) I'm not a kid anymore. I'm 24. I've made a lot of mistakes and I recognise that. But I'm in the clear now and I feel like as long as I stay focused I'll be able to achieve what I want to achieve."
Lohan, who will stand trial for the theft charge in June, is hoping to get her career back on track with an upcoming role in new mobster movie "Gotti: Three Generations", starring alongside John Travolta.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival