Jim Broadbent and Matt Smith Battling It Out for Top TV BAFTA
Jim Broadbent has been tipped in the Leading Actor category for his role in "Any Human Heart", while Matt Smith has received a nomination for his portrayal of the Time Lord. They face competition from Benedict Cumberbatch ("Sherlock") and Daniel Rigby ("Eric and Ernie").
Hit musical series "Glee" will go up against "Boardwalk Empire", "The Killing" and "Mad Men" for International Series, while "Being Human", "Downton Abbey", "Misfits" and "Sherlock" are all named in the Drama Series category.
Others hoping for gold at the upcoming London ceremony include funnyman Stephen Fry, whose quiz show "QI" is nominated along with "The Rob Brydon Show", "Harry Hill"'s TV Burp and "The Graham Norton Show" for the Entertainment Performance prize.
Simon Cowell's "The X Factor" has a nod for top Entertainment Programme and will compete against action game show "The Cube", "The Graham Norton Show" and panel quiz series "Have I Got News for You".
The prizegiving will take place on May 22.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support