Jim Broadbent and Matt Smith Battling It Out for Top TV BAFTA
Jim Broadbent has been tipped in the Leading Actor category for his role in "Any Human Heart", while Matt Smith has received a nomination for his portrayal of the Time Lord. They face competition from Benedict Cumberbatch ("Sherlock") and Daniel Rigby ("Eric and Ernie").
Hit musical series "Glee" will go up against "Boardwalk Empire", "The Killing" and "Mad Men" for International Series, while "Being Human", "Downton Abbey", "Misfits" and "Sherlock" are all named in the Drama Series category.
Others hoping for gold at the upcoming London ceremony include funnyman Stephen Fry, whose quiz show "QI" is nominated along with "The Rob Brydon Show", "Harry Hill"'s TV Burp and "The Graham Norton Show" for the Entertainment Performance prize.
Simon Cowell's "The X Factor" has a nod for top Entertainment Programme and will compete against action game show "The Cube", "The Graham Norton Show" and panel quiz series "Have I Got News for You".
The prizegiving will take place on May 22.
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'
- Scott Disick Once Asked Kourtney to Marry Him With a Ring but They 'Never Spoke About It Again'
- Hailee Steinfeld Releases EDM-Tinged Song 'Most Girls' in Full
- New 'Gotham' Photo Sparks Speculation That Barbara Is Harley Quinn
- 'America's Got Talent' Books Laverne Cox as Guest Judge for Season 12