Jim Broadbent and Matt Smith Battling It Out for Top TV BAFTA
Jim Broadbent has been tipped in the Leading Actor category for his role in "Any Human Heart", while Matt Smith has received a nomination for his portrayal of the Time Lord. They face competition from Benedict Cumberbatch ("Sherlock") and Daniel Rigby ("Eric and Ernie").
Hit musical series "Glee" will go up against "Boardwalk Empire", "The Killing" and "Mad Men" for International Series, while "Being Human", "Downton Abbey", "Misfits" and "Sherlock" are all named in the Drama Series category.
Others hoping for gold at the upcoming London ceremony include funnyman Stephen Fry, whose quiz show "QI" is nominated along with "The Rob Brydon Show", "Harry Hill"'s TV Burp and "The Graham Norton Show" for the Entertainment Performance prize.
Simon Cowell's "The X Factor" has a nod for top Entertainment Programme and will compete against action game show "The Cube", "The Graham Norton Show" and panel quiz series "Have I Got News for You".
The prizegiving will take place on May 22.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'