Jim Broadbent and Matt Smith Battling It Out for Top TV BAFTA
Jim Broadbent has been tipped in the Leading Actor category for his role in "Any Human Heart", while Matt Smith has received a nomination for his portrayal of the Time Lord. They face competition from Benedict Cumberbatch ("Sherlock") and Daniel Rigby ("Eric and Ernie").
Hit musical series "Glee" will go up against "Boardwalk Empire", "The Killing" and "Mad Men" for International Series, while "Being Human", "Downton Abbey", "Misfits" and "Sherlock" are all named in the Drama Series category.
Others hoping for gold at the upcoming London ceremony include funnyman Stephen Fry, whose quiz show "QI" is nominated along with "The Rob Brydon Show", "Harry Hill"'s TV Burp and "The Graham Norton Show" for the Entertainment Performance prize.
Simon Cowell's "The X Factor" has a nod for top Entertainment Programme and will compete against action game show "The Cube", "The Graham Norton Show" and panel quiz series "Have I Got News for You".
The prizegiving will take place on May 22.
More Jim Broadbent News
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris