Jim Broadbent and Matt Smith Battling It Out for Top TV BAFTA
Jim Broadbent has been tipped in the Leading Actor category for his role in "Any Human Heart", while Matt Smith has received a nomination for his portrayal of the Time Lord. They face competition from Benedict Cumberbatch ("Sherlock") and Daniel Rigby ("Eric and Ernie").
Hit musical series "Glee" will go up against "Boardwalk Empire", "The Killing" and "Mad Men" for International Series, while "Being Human", "Downton Abbey", "Misfits" and "Sherlock" are all named in the Drama Series category.
Others hoping for gold at the upcoming London ceremony include funnyman Stephen Fry, whose quiz show "QI" is nominated along with "The Rob Brydon Show", "Harry Hill"'s TV Burp and "The Graham Norton Show" for the Entertainment Performance prize.
Simon Cowell's "The X Factor" has a nod for top Entertainment Programme and will compete against action game show "The Cube", "The Graham Norton Show" and panel quiz series "Have I Got News for You".
The prizegiving will take place on May 22.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns