Smiley Culture Died After Stabbing His Heart
British reggae singer Smiley Culture died after stabbing himself in the heart, an inquiry has heard. The star, real name David Emmanuel, was 48 when he passed away during a police raid on his home in Surrey, England last month, March 18.
An inquiry into the incident has reportedly heard how the musician plunged a knife into his own heart in the kitchen while a police officer looked on in horror. Emmanuel was said to have committed suicide 90 minutes after four detectives arrested him on a warrant relating to drug charges.
A source at the Independent Police Complaints Commission hearing tells British newspaper The Sun, "The officer said he was monitoring Mr Emmanuel who picked up a knife, waved it in his direction and said, 'Do you want some?' A split second later Mr Emmanuel turned the blade towards himself, said 'I do' and stabbed himself in the chest."
His nephew Merlin Emmanuel has blasted police for allegedly failing to handcuff the star. He says, "It beggars belief they let him near sharp utensils."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie