Orlando Bloom Based Rocker Character on Gallagher Brothers
Orlando Bloom looked to the music scene in his native Britain for inspiration as he portrayed a cocky rocker in new movie "Sympathy for Delicious" - basing his character on Ian Brown and Liam Gallagher and Noel Gallagher. The "Pirates of the Caribbean" star plays group frontman The Stain in Mark Ruffalo's directorial debut, and he reveals the rock wildmen provided him with plenty of material to work with as he developed the role.
He tells WENN, "I was thinking of Ian Brown, lead singer for The Stone Roses and the Gallagher brothers from Oasis. A lot of the great British bands come from the North of England. Those guys particularly, the Gallagher brothers and Ian Brown, have got this real attitude, arrogance and confidence that they are the best band in the world and everyone needs to know that and I really thought that lent itself to The Stain."
Bloom admits he had no personal run-ins with rockers to draw from, but he'd love to experience that lifestyle in another lifetime. He adds, "I never had a brush with a rock star but I'd like to come back as a rock star." The actor debuted his movie band with a free concert in Los Angeles in February 2009, when he recorded a gig scene for the film with co-star and punk rocker Juliette Lewis.
More Orlando Bloom News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival