Ryan Phillippe Not Quitting Acting, Rep Insists
A representative for Ryan Phillippe has shot down reports the "Crash" star is set to quit acting to move behind the camera, insisting he is staying put in Hollywood. The 36-year-old, who found fame as a teenager on U.S. soap "One Life to Live" in 1992, was alleged to have announced he was turning his back on the spotlight and planning to relocate to New York in a recent interview with the New York Post's Page Six gossip column.
He is quoted as saying, "I'm going to move. I'm going to spend a third of my year in New York... I think I'm going to end my acting career. I'm so introverted. I'm ready to be behind the scenes. I'm 36, but I've been doing this for 20 years."
But Phillippe's spokesperson is adamant the claims have been fabricated. His rep tells Eonline.com, "He is not going to stop acting nor did he ever say that he would. The Page Six story is completely incorrect. He's not moving to New York. But he has a film that will be in production in the city soon."
More Ryan Phillippe News
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke