Ryan Phillippe Not Quitting Acting, Rep Insists
A representative for Ryan Phillippe has shot down reports the "Crash" star is set to quit acting to move behind the camera, insisting he is staying put in Hollywood. The 36-year-old, who found fame as a teenager on U.S. soap "One Life to Live" in 1992, was alleged to have announced he was turning his back on the spotlight and planning to relocate to New York in a recent interview with the New York Post's Page Six gossip column.
He is quoted as saying, "I'm going to move. I'm going to spend a third of my year in New York... I think I'm going to end my acting career. I'm so introverted. I'm ready to be behind the scenes. I'm 36, but I've been doing this for 20 years."
But Phillippe's spokesperson is adamant the claims have been fabricated. His rep tells Eonline.com, "He is not going to stop acting nor did he ever say that he would. The Page Six story is completely incorrect. He's not moving to New York. But he has a film that will be in production in the city soon."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!