David O. Russell Wants to Work With Britney Spears
The moviemaker, David O. Russell, who won an Academy Award nomination for his work on The Fighter, has revealed he auditioned the pop star for several movie roles in the past, and even though she wasn't right for the parts he would like the chance to direct her in a film.
In an interview with New York Magazine, David O. Russell was asked who he would choose to work with on a future project and he replied, "Britney".
He adds "I think Britney could be great in a lot of different things, and I'm a huge fan of hers. And I actually auditioned her for a couple things... Used in the right way, I think she could be (great)... I'm a believer... I mean, Britney (the audition) was several years ago, for another movie... I think she's a great entertainer... Yeah, I'm rooting for her."
Britney Spears starred in 2002 movie "Crossroads" and has also made appearances in "Austin Powers in Goldmember", "How I Met Your Mother" and "Glee".
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance