David O. Russell Wants to Work With Britney Spears
The moviemaker, David O. Russell, who won an Academy Award nomination for his work on The Fighter, has revealed he auditioned the pop star for several movie roles in the past, and even though she wasn't right for the parts he would like the chance to direct her in a film.
In an interview with New York Magazine, David O. Russell was asked who he would choose to work with on a future project and he replied, "Britney".
He adds "I think Britney could be great in a lot of different things, and I'm a huge fan of hers. And I actually auditioned her for a couple things... Used in the right way, I think she could be (great)... I'm a believer... I mean, Britney (the audition) was several years ago, for another movie... I think she's a great entertainer... Yeah, I'm rooting for her."
Britney Spears starred in 2002 movie "Crossroads" and has also made appearances in "Austin Powers in Goldmember", "How I Met Your Mother" and "Glee".
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics