David O. Russell Wants to Work With Britney Spears
The moviemaker, David O. Russell, who won an Academy Award nomination for his work on The Fighter, has revealed he auditioned the pop star for several movie roles in the past, and even though she wasn't right for the parts he would like the chance to direct her in a film.
In an interview with New York Magazine, David O. Russell was asked who he would choose to work with on a future project and he replied, "Britney".
He adds "I think Britney could be great in a lot of different things, and I'm a huge fan of hers. And I actually auditioned her for a couple things... Used in the right way, I think she could be (great)... I'm a believer... I mean, Britney (the audition) was several years ago, for another movie... I think she's a great entertainer... Yeah, I'm rooting for her."
Britney Spears starred in 2002 movie "Crossroads" and has also made appearances in "Austin Powers in Goldmember", "How I Met Your Mother" and "Glee".
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs
- Watch Katy Perry and Joel McHale Get Arrested for Voting Naked
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels