Robert De Niro Calls Donald Trump's Political Bid 'Crazy'
Donald Trump is seriously contemplating challenging current U.S. leader Barack Obama for the White House next year and his potential presidential run has been a regular topic in the headlines over the last few weeks.
The property mogul has been vocal about his disapproval of the current president and has raised doubts over whether Obama was born in the U.S., and his comments prompted comedian Jerry Seinfeld to pull out of a planned appearance at a charity event linked to Trump.
Robert De Niro has now become the latest star to remark on Trump's political challenge, telling NBC News' Brian Williams, "How did we get to this point?... This is crazy. I won't mention names, but certain people in the news the last couple (of) weeks, just, what are they doing? It's crazy. They're making statements about people that they don't even back up. Go get the facts before you start saying things about people."
The Oscar-winner refused to name Trump, but when Williams asked whether the person he was talking about had a TV show on NBC - referring to Trump's "The Celebrity Apprentice" - De Niro replied, "Yes. It's like a big hustle. It's like being a car salesman. Don't go out there and say things unless you can back them up. How dare you? It's awful. Just go out there and speak and say these terrible things? It's crazy."
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?