Robert De Niro Calls Donald Trump's Political Bid 'Crazy'
Donald Trump is seriously contemplating challenging current U.S. leader Barack Obama for the White House next year and his potential presidential run has been a regular topic in the headlines over the last few weeks.
The property mogul has been vocal about his disapproval of the current president and has raised doubts over whether Obama was born in the U.S., and his comments prompted comedian Jerry Seinfeld to pull out of a planned appearance at a charity event linked to Trump.
Robert De Niro has now become the latest star to remark on Trump's political challenge, telling NBC News' Brian Williams, "How did we get to this point?... This is crazy. I won't mention names, but certain people in the news the last couple (of) weeks, just, what are they doing? It's crazy. They're making statements about people that they don't even back up. Go get the facts before you start saying things about people."
The Oscar-winner refused to name Trump, but when Williams asked whether the person he was talking about had a TV show on NBC - referring to Trump's "The Celebrity Apprentice" - De Niro replied, "Yes. It's like a big hustle. It's like being a car salesman. Don't go out there and say things unless you can back them up. How dare you? It's awful. Just go out there and speak and say these terrible things? It's crazy."
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective