Robert De Niro Calls Donald Trump's Political Bid 'Crazy'
Donald Trump is seriously contemplating challenging current U.S. leader Barack Obama for the White House next year and his potential presidential run has been a regular topic in the headlines over the last few weeks.
The property mogul has been vocal about his disapproval of the current president and has raised doubts over whether Obama was born in the U.S., and his comments prompted comedian Jerry Seinfeld to pull out of a planned appearance at a charity event linked to Trump.
Robert De Niro has now become the latest star to remark on Trump's political challenge, telling NBC News' Brian Williams, "How did we get to this point?... This is crazy. I won't mention names, but certain people in the news the last couple (of) weeks, just, what are they doing? It's crazy. They're making statements about people that they don't even back up. Go get the facts before you start saying things about people."
The Oscar-winner refused to name Trump, but when Williams asked whether the person he was talking about had a TV show on NBC - referring to Trump's "The Celebrity Apprentice" - De Niro replied, "Yes. It's like a big hustle. It's like being a car salesman. Don't go out there and say things unless you can back them up. How dare you? It's awful. Just go out there and speak and say these terrible things? It's crazy."
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'