Jake Shears 'Proud' of Lady GaGa's Fame
Lady GaGa saw the "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" hitmakers in concert in their native New York City during the early stages of her career and admits the camp five-piece was a major influence on her style.
Jake Shears is delighted Gaga has gone on to become an international superstar and he feels honoured to have had a hand in her success.
He tells Britain's Seven Days magazine, "She is such a kindred spirit, of course. She has been so much fun. It's really exciting to watch her rise to fame. It has been very satisfying. In a way, I feel like a proud papa."
"She came to our shows when she was growing up and she is a big fan. If we are an influence, that's super exciting. It's why we do what we do... I met her for the first time last summer. That is when she told me about the shows she had come to."
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose