Jake Shears 'Proud' of Lady GaGa's Fame
Lady GaGa saw the "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" hitmakers in concert in their native New York City during the early stages of her career and admits the camp five-piece was a major influence on her style.
Jake Shears is delighted Gaga has gone on to become an international superstar and he feels honoured to have had a hand in her success.
He tells Britain's Seven Days magazine, "She is such a kindred spirit, of course. She has been so much fun. It's really exciting to watch her rise to fame. It has been very satisfying. In a way, I feel like a proud papa."
"She came to our shows when she was growing up and she is a big fan. If we are an influence, that's super exciting. It's why we do what we do... I met her for the first time last summer. That is when she told me about the shows she had come to."
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off