Jake Shears 'Proud' of Lady GaGa's Fame
Lady GaGa saw the "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" hitmakers in concert in their native New York City during the early stages of her career and admits the camp five-piece was a major influence on her style.
Jake Shears is delighted Gaga has gone on to become an international superstar and he feels honoured to have had a hand in her success.
He tells Britain's Seven Days magazine, "She is such a kindred spirit, of course. She has been so much fun. It's really exciting to watch her rise to fame. It has been very satisfying. In a way, I feel like a proud papa."
"She came to our shows when she was growing up and she is a big fan. If we are an influence, that's super exciting. It's why we do what we do... I met her for the first time last summer. That is when she told me about the shows she had come to."
- Drake Reportedly Has 'Weed Overdose'
- Kanye West 'Would Love to Have More Kids' With Kim Kardashian
- Justin Bieber Facing Arrest in Brazil Over Graffiti Case
- Peter Parker Wants to Be Like Iron Man in New 'Spider-Man Homecoming' Trailer
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Break Up
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign