Jake Shears 'Proud' of Lady GaGa's Fame
Lady GaGa saw the "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" hitmakers in concert in their native New York City during the early stages of her career and admits the camp five-piece was a major influence on her style.
Jake Shears is delighted Gaga has gone on to become an international superstar and he feels honoured to have had a hand in her success.
He tells Britain's Seven Days magazine, "She is such a kindred spirit, of course. She has been so much fun. It's really exciting to watch her rise to fame. It has been very satisfying. In a way, I feel like a proud papa."
"She came to our shows when she was growing up and she is a big fan. If we are an influence, that's super exciting. It's why we do what we do... I met her for the first time last summer. That is when she told me about the shows she had come to."
- Angelina Jolie Backtracks Her Comment After She's Warned to Stop Trashing Brad Pitt
- Never-Before-Seen Footage of Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape Surfaces
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Confirm Return for 'DWTS' Season 24
- Katy Perry Goes to 'Oblivia' Theme Park in 'Chained to the Rhythm' Music Video
- 'Hellboy 3' Is Dead, Director Guillermo Del Toro Says
- 'InHumans' Announces 'Game of Thrones' Alum as Maximus
- Hoda Kotb Introduces Newly-Adopted Daughter, Explains Baby's Name
- Karrueche Tran Accuses Chris Brown of Domestic Violence, Files for Restraining Order