Jake Shears 'Proud' of Lady GaGa's Fame
Lady GaGa saw the "I Don't Feel Like Dancin'" hitmakers in concert in their native New York City during the early stages of her career and admits the camp five-piece was a major influence on her style.
Jake Shears is delighted Gaga has gone on to become an international superstar and he feels honoured to have had a hand in her success.
He tells Britain's Seven Days magazine, "She is such a kindred spirit, of course. She has been so much fun. It's really exciting to watch her rise to fame. It has been very satisfying. In a way, I feel like a proud papa."
"She came to our shows when she was growing up and she is a big fan. If we are an influence, that's super exciting. It's why we do what we do... I met her for the first time last summer. That is when she told me about the shows she had come to."
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns