Robert Kazinsky Quits 'The Hobbit'
Robert Kazinsky had signed up to play Fili, a member of the Company of Dwarves, in "The Lord of the Rings" prequel and recently flew to New Zealand to start filming his scenes.
Peter Jackson has now confirmed Robert Kazinsky's departure from the movie and assured fans he is working hard to find a replacement.
He writes in a post on his Facebook.com page, "I am sad to report that Rob Kazinsky, who was cast in the role of Fili, is having to leave "The Hobbit" and return home, for personal reasons. Rob has been terrific to work with and his enthusiasm and infectious sense of humour will be missed by all of us. I should say that Rob's departure will not affect ongoing filming of 'The Hobbit', nor will it impact work done to date, as we had yet to film much of Fili's storyline. At the moment we are shooting scenes featuring Bilbo without the Dwarves, which will give us time to find a new Fili. I'll keep everyone posted with updates as they come."
Kazinsky has not confirmed the reason for his departure, only admitting he is suffering a "health issue", and he has thanked Jackson for his understanding.
He writes in a post on Twitter.com, "Thanks for all your support, Peter and team have been the most wonderful and supportive team to work for and it's with a truly sad heart that things have turned out this way. 'The Hobbit' will go on to be as great as I've seen and I will miss the family and friends that I've (made) here. From every disaster I've tried to make an opportunity... It's a health issue... all will be well in time, promise!"
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!