The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and Sex Pistols to Form Olympic Supergroup?
Organisers of the upcoming 2012 games are currently working out plans for the opening ceremony, which will be directed by Oscar winner Danny Boyle.
Gold medal-winning rower Sir Steve Redgrave has now revealed he is hoping to see Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr team up with with Sir Mick Jagger and John Lydon to put on a powerful display of British music talent to open the festivities.
He tells Britain's The People newspaper, "The London Games gives us a chance to celebrate our own history... We have to show the world what we are good at. If Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo came together with great bands like the The Rolling Stones and the Sex Pistols it would be fantastic. They are a huge part of our history. It would kick off the party and put us centre of the world's attention."
More The Beatles News
- Watch Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon Return to Camp Winnipesaukee in the Fall
- They Don't Belong Together. James Packer Dumps Mariah Carey Over Her 'Excessive Spending'
- James McAvoy Lets Loose 'The Beast' in New 'Split' Trailer
- Britney Spears Undergoing Surgery to 'Tweak' Her Nipples and Areolas?
- Pussy Riot Dedicates 'Straight Outta Vagina' Video to Donald Trump
- See Photos of 'Pretty Little Liars' Stars on Last Day of Filming Series Finale
- 'Toy Story 4' Release Date Delayed Again, 'The Incredibles 2' Moved Up
- Tom Cruise Secretly Romancing a British Woman and He's 'Serious' About It