The Beatles, The Rolling Stones and Sex Pistols to Form Olympic Supergroup?
Organisers of the upcoming 2012 games are currently working out plans for the opening ceremony, which will be directed by Oscar winner Danny Boyle.
Gold medal-winning rower Sir Steve Redgrave has now revealed he is hoping to see Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr team up with with Sir Mick Jagger and John Lydon to put on a powerful display of British music talent to open the festivities.
He tells Britain's The People newspaper, "The London Games gives us a chance to celebrate our own history... We have to show the world what we are good at. If Sir Paul McCartney and Ringo came together with great bands like the The Rolling Stones and the Sex Pistols it would be fantastic. They are a huge part of our history. It would kick off the party and put us centre of the world's attention."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake