Mischa Barton 'Ordered to Pay Medical Bills'
"The O.C." star, Mischa Barton, suffered a traumatic time that year, 2009 - she was hospitalised and placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold, later blaming the meltdown on botched dental surgery.
Bosses at Doctor's Choice Nursing are said to have taken legal action against Mischa Barton over accusations she failed to pay a $89,930 (GBP56,206) bill, demanding the full amount plus interest, over unspecified treatment.
Earlier this month, a judge is said to have awarded a default judgement against Barton after she allegedly failed to show up for a court date, according to TMZ.com.
But a representative for Barton is adamant the actress was not aware of the lawsuit, telling the website, "This is the first we've heard of it."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie