Mischa Barton 'Ordered to Pay Medical Bills'
"The O.C." star, Mischa Barton, suffered a traumatic time that year, 2009 - she was hospitalised and placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold, later blaming the meltdown on botched dental surgery.
Bosses at Doctor's Choice Nursing are said to have taken legal action against Mischa Barton over accusations she failed to pay a $89,930 (GBP56,206) bill, demanding the full amount plus interest, over unspecified treatment.
Earlier this month, a judge is said to have awarded a default judgement against Barton after she allegedly failed to show up for a court date, according to TMZ.com.
But a representative for Barton is adamant the actress was not aware of the lawsuit, telling the website, "This is the first we've heard of it."
More Mischa Barton News
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'