Mischa Barton 'Ordered to Pay Medical Bills'
"The O.C." star, Mischa Barton, suffered a traumatic time that year, 2009 - she was hospitalised and placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold, later blaming the meltdown on botched dental surgery.
Bosses at Doctor's Choice Nursing are said to have taken legal action against Mischa Barton over accusations she failed to pay a $89,930 (GBP56,206) bill, demanding the full amount plus interest, over unspecified treatment.
Earlier this month, a judge is said to have awarded a default judgement against Barton after she allegedly failed to show up for a court date, according to TMZ.com.
But a representative for Barton is adamant the actress was not aware of the lawsuit, telling the website, "This is the first we've heard of it."
More Mischa Barton News
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'