Mischa Barton 'Ordered to Pay Medical Bills'
"The O.C." star, Mischa Barton, suffered a traumatic time that year, 2009 - she was hospitalised and placed on an involuntary psychiatric hold, later blaming the meltdown on botched dental surgery.
Bosses at Doctor's Choice Nursing are said to have taken legal action against Mischa Barton over accusations she failed to pay a $89,930 (GBP56,206) bill, demanding the full amount plus interest, over unspecified treatment.
Earlier this month, a judge is said to have awarded a default judgement against Barton after she allegedly failed to show up for a court date, according to TMZ.com.
But a representative for Barton is adamant the actress was not aware of the lawsuit, telling the website, "This is the first we've heard of it."
More Mischa Barton News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed