Dame Elizabeth Taylor's Final Husband Speaks Out
The Hollywood legend, Elizabeth Taylor who passed away last month, was married eight times - twice to Richard Burton - and her last husband was former construction worker Larry Fortensky, who she met in rehab at California's Betty Ford Clinic.
They married in 1991, but the union came to an end five years later in 1996.
Fortensky has remained largely out of the spotlight since the divorce, but has now broken his silence following his ex-wife's tragic death from congestive heart failure.
In an interview with Britain's Mail on Sunday, Fortensky opens up about the monthly payments Dame Elizabeth Taylor was rumoured to have given him after their divorce, revealing he never asked her for any money, but she insisted when he was left seriously injured in a fall and was subsequently unable to work.
Taylor wrote him a letter, which reads, "Darling Larry. I've been thinking of you often lately and worry about you... I'm going to rely on my gut feelings. I think you could use a little help so I would like to send you a thousand a month for the rest of my life or until I go broke."
Fortensky says, "I accepted it but I never asked for it," while his sister, Donna, admits she was the one who called Taylor when her brother's house later went into foreclosure. She adds, "I called her and told her about Larry's troubles. She sent me a cheque the next day for $15,000. Larry found out what I'd done and was mad at me. It kept the bank at bay for a while but then he ended up losing his house anyway."
Fortensky admits he was in regular contact with his ex-wife right up until her final stay in hospital and was shocked when she lost her fight for life, "(The last time I spoke to her) she was going into hospital the next day. I thought she was going to be OK. I told her she would outlive me." She said, "'Larry, I'm going to be OK'. I was so shocked (when I heard news of her death). I was so sure she would get to go home and I would talk to her once again."
Fortensky also reveals he recently received a letter from Taylor's lawyers informing him she left him $800,000 (GBP500,000) in her will.
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up