Lindsay Lohan 'Ready to Accept' Jail Time
The "Mean Girls" star, Lindsay Lohan, was charged with probation violation by a judge in Los Angeles on Friday and ordered back to jail for a fourth time.
The sentence - which also includes 400 hours of community service - came as she pleaded not guilty to a misdemeanour charge relating to the alleged theft of a necklace from a California jewellery store back in January. The judge decided the accusation constituted a violation of her probation stemming from a 2007 DUI charge and Lindsay Lohan was booked into a California jail before being freed on bail to appeal the sentence.
Movie producer Nathan Folks has now spoken out about his close friend's situation, revealing the 24 year old feels disappointed as she was looking forward to getting her acting career back on track with a number of new film roles.
He tells People.com, "She is fine. Obviously, she is upset about (being sentenced to four months in jail)... She is angry because she has been working so hard on turning her life around. She didn't do what they said she did. She didn't steal that necklace."
Folks also claims Lohan - who was released from three months of court-ordered rehab in January - is prepared to go to jail and attend drink and drugs therapy to cement her recovery.
He adds, "She is ready to do her time. She wants to go to A.A. (Alcoholics Anonymous) and N.A. (Narcotics Anonymous) and to serve her 400 hours (of community service). She has already been doing lots of charity work."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii