Authorities Investigating Unauthorised Charlie Sheen Cop Escort
The former "Two and a Half Men" star, Charlie Sheen was running late to his one-man comedy gig after he was held up in a Los Angeles court following a custody hearing with his estranged wife Brooke Mueller.
The troubled actor faced a mad dash across the U.S. to make it to his concert on the east coast in time and revealed on his Twitter.com account that he had been given special treatment by cops upon landing at Dulles International Airport in D.C..
He wrote, "In car with police escort in front and rear! Driving like someone's about to deliver a baby! Cop car lights #Spinning!"
He also posted a picture taken from the window of the car showing the police lights up ahead.
But Charlie Sheen's blog posts have landed the officers involved in trouble with department bosses - according to local councilman Phil Mendleson, D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier did not grant permission for the escort.
On Friday, spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump confirmed the department's internal affairs unit was investigating the incident. The police representative refused to comment further on the controversy.
Charlie Sheen eventually took to the stage at the D.A.R. Constitution Hall an hour late.
More Charlie Sheen News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism