Authorities Investigating Unauthorised Charlie Sheen Cop Escort
The former "Two and a Half Men" star, Charlie Sheen was running late to his one-man comedy gig after he was held up in a Los Angeles court following a custody hearing with his estranged wife Brooke Mueller.
The troubled actor faced a mad dash across the U.S. to make it to his concert on the east coast in time and revealed on his Twitter.com account that he had been given special treatment by cops upon landing at Dulles International Airport in D.C..
He wrote, "In car with police escort in front and rear! Driving like someone's about to deliver a baby! Cop car lights #Spinning!"
He also posted a picture taken from the window of the car showing the police lights up ahead.
But Charlie Sheen's blog posts have landed the officers involved in trouble with department bosses - according to local councilman Phil Mendleson, D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier did not grant permission for the escort.
On Friday, spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump confirmed the department's internal affairs unit was investigating the incident. The police representative refused to comment further on the controversy.
Charlie Sheen eventually took to the stage at the D.A.R. Constitution Hall an hour late.
More Charlie Sheen News
- Amanda Seyfried and Husband Thomas Sadoski Welcome Their First Child
- Orlando Bloom's Holiday Companion Kristy Hinze Suffers Nip Slip in St. Barts
- Iggy Azalea Twerks All Over Hong Kong in 'Mo Bounce' Music Video
- Wonder Woman and Cyborg Unleash Their Powers in 'Justice League' New Teasers
- Kanye West Is Spoiling Kim Kardashian With Jewelries, but She 'Won't Wear Any of It'
- Topless Bella Thorne Channels Marilyn Monroe in Sultry Pic
- Kim Kardashian Is Blamed for 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Rating Flop
- Baby Groot Angrily Kills Ravager in New 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Teaser