Authorities Investigating Unauthorised Charlie Sheen Cop Escort
The former "Two and a Half Men" star, Charlie Sheen was running late to his one-man comedy gig after he was held up in a Los Angeles court following a custody hearing with his estranged wife Brooke Mueller.
The troubled actor faced a mad dash across the U.S. to make it to his concert on the east coast in time and revealed on his Twitter.com account that he had been given special treatment by cops upon landing at Dulles International Airport in D.C..
He wrote, "In car with police escort in front and rear! Driving like someone's about to deliver a baby! Cop car lights #Spinning!"
He also posted a picture taken from the window of the car showing the police lights up ahead.
But Charlie Sheen's blog posts have landed the officers involved in trouble with department bosses - according to local councilman Phil Mendleson, D.C. Police Chief Cathy Lanier did not grant permission for the escort.
On Friday, spokeswoman Gwendolyn Crump confirmed the department's internal affairs unit was investigating the incident. The police representative refused to comment further on the controversy.
Charlie Sheen eventually took to the stage at the D.A.R. Constitution Hall an hour late.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame