Adele Invents Beyonce-Style Alter Ego
The R&B superstar, Beyonce Knowles unveiled her onstage persona on her 2008 album, "I Am...Sasha Fierce", and Adele admits she's now followed in Beyonce's footsteps and come up with her own after a nerve-wracking meeting with her idol.
She tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I was about to meet Beyonce. I had a full-blown panic attack. Then she popped in looking gorgeous and said, 'You're amazing! When I listen to you I feel like I'm listening to God.'"
"I went out on the balcony crying hysterically, and I said, 'What would Sasha Fierce do?' That's when Sasha Carter was born."
Adele formed the moniker by combining Beyonce's Sasha Fierce with the name of Johnny Cash's wife, singer/actress June Carter.
Coincidentally, Beyonce's married name is Carter - she wed rap mogul Shawn 'Jay-Z' Carter in 2008.
More Adele News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival