Adele Invents Beyonce-Style Alter Ego
The R&B superstar, Beyonce Knowles unveiled her onstage persona on her 2008 album, "I Am...Sasha Fierce", and Adele admits she's now followed in Beyonce's footsteps and come up with her own after a nerve-wracking meeting with her idol.
She tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I was about to meet Beyonce. I had a full-blown panic attack. Then she popped in looking gorgeous and said, 'You're amazing! When I listen to you I feel like I'm listening to God.'"
"I went out on the balcony crying hysterically, and I said, 'What would Sasha Fierce do?' That's when Sasha Carter was born."
Adele formed the moniker by combining Beyonce's Sasha Fierce with the name of Johnny Cash's wife, singer/actress June Carter.
Coincidentally, Beyonce's married name is Carter - she wed rap mogul Shawn 'Jay-Z' Carter in 2008.
More Adele News
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'