Adele Invents Beyonce-Style Alter Ego
The R&B superstar, Beyonce Knowles unveiled her onstage persona on her 2008 album, "I Am...Sasha Fierce", and Adele admits she's now followed in Beyonce's footsteps and come up with her own after a nerve-wracking meeting with her idol.
She tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I was about to meet Beyonce. I had a full-blown panic attack. Then she popped in looking gorgeous and said, 'You're amazing! When I listen to you I feel like I'm listening to God.'"
"I went out on the balcony crying hysterically, and I said, 'What would Sasha Fierce do?' That's when Sasha Carter was born."
Adele formed the moniker by combining Beyonce's Sasha Fierce with the name of Johnny Cash's wife, singer/actress June Carter.
Coincidentally, Beyonce's married name is Carter - she wed rap mogul Shawn 'Jay-Z' Carter in 2008.
More Adele News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding