Adele Invents Beyonce-Style Alter Ego
The R&B superstar, Beyonce Knowles unveiled her onstage persona on her 2008 album, "I Am...Sasha Fierce", and Adele admits she's now followed in Beyonce's footsteps and come up with her own after a nerve-wracking meeting with her idol.
She tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I was about to meet Beyonce. I had a full-blown panic attack. Then she popped in looking gorgeous and said, 'You're amazing! When I listen to you I feel like I'm listening to God.'"
"I went out on the balcony crying hysterically, and I said, 'What would Sasha Fierce do?' That's when Sasha Carter was born."
Adele formed the moniker by combining Beyonce's Sasha Fierce with the name of Johnny Cash's wife, singer/actress June Carter.
Coincidentally, Beyonce's married name is Carter - she wed rap mogul Shawn 'Jay-Z' Carter in 2008.
More Adele News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'