Adele Invents Beyonce-Style Alter Ego
The R&B superstar, Beyonce Knowles unveiled her onstage persona on her 2008 album, "I Am...Sasha Fierce", and Adele admits she's now followed in Beyonce's footsteps and come up with her own after a nerve-wracking meeting with her idol.
She tells Rolling Stone magazine, "I was about to meet Beyonce. I had a full-blown panic attack. Then she popped in looking gorgeous and said, 'You're amazing! When I listen to you I feel like I'm listening to God.'"
"I went out on the balcony crying hysterically, and I said, 'What would Sasha Fierce do?' That's when Sasha Carter was born."
Adele formed the moniker by combining Beyonce's Sasha Fierce with the name of Johnny Cash's wife, singer/actress June Carter.
Coincidentally, Beyonce's married name is Carter - she wed rap mogul Shawn 'Jay-Z' Carter in 2008.
More Adele News
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel
- Justin Bieber and Beyonce Knowles Lead Nominations for 2016 MTV EMAs