The Game Denied Entry Into Canada Over 'Gang Ties'
The "Dreams" hitmaker, The Game real name Jayceon Taylor, took a flight from Los Angeles to Canada on Wednesday but was detained by border officials upon landing.
He was due to play a string of concerts in cities including Montreal, Vancouver and Toronto as part of his Red Nation tour, but on Thursday, Substance Entertainment Group promoters were forced to axe all of the gigs due to the star's immigration issues.
Concert organisers have now blamed The Game's reported ties to The Bloods for the border trouble.
In a statement, the promoters say, "We were informed credible evidence had been obtained by Canadian customs to allegedly prove The Game is a member of the notorious gang The Bloods."
"Based on this intelligence they received - combined with his alleged association to organized crime - Canadian customs declined him entry into Canada... Customs insisted the reason was strictly his current gang affiliations."
In a series of Twitter.com posts on Wednesday, The Game claimed he could be locked up for up to 14 days, but the latest reports suggest he will soon be deported back to the U.S.
More The Game News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special