Robert Pattinson Made Up Royal Connection
The "Twilight" star, Robert Pattinson left his native U.K. and moved to the U.S. prior to landing the lead role in the hit vampire franchise, and admits he used his British charm to win over American acquaintances.
Robert Pattinson even pretended to be friends with Britain's young royals in a bid to impress new pals, confessing his ploy to U.S. TV host Jimmy Kimmel.
He says, "I don't think I've ever met them (the royals). I used to tell people when I came to the States that I did. They believed me! Five or six years ago when I first used to come to Los Angeles there weren't many English people, now there are like a million and people still believe me."
More Robert Pattinson News
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer