Liam Gallagher Promises New Beady Eye Album Within Months
The "Wonderwall" hitmakers, Oasis split in 2009 when Noel Gallagher quit the group following a fall out with his brother Liam Gallagher. The frontman went on to form Beady Eye with the remaining members of Oasis and they released their debut disc, "Different Gear", "Still Speeding", in February.
The British singer reveals he and his bandmates are already working on a follow-up, because he's determined not to lose sight of what's really important and take too long to produce new material in between albums.
Gallagher tells The Irish Times, "The other big difference (between Beady Eye and Oasis) is that we're not going to put the ball down, sit around in a big house and go 'we're great'. We won't be booking into the studio for months and months on end. We're not going to be rolling over this album into the next year. There will be an awesome second album coming soon..."
The rocker insists Beady Eye have yet to see the financial benefit of their work, but they are driven to continue recording for the sake of their fans.
"What really did it for Oasis was that we took our eye off the ball. We were too busy reaping the rewards of our success. I know now that money is not the precious thing when you're in a band. It's not the flash cars or the big houses - it's the music that's precious. Once you take your eye off that - which we did - it's hard to get back. It got all 'just put the private plane on the credit card.' We're keeping a lid on things now. The band hasn't made a penny yet but we know what's important."
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery