Liam Gallagher Promises New Beady Eye Album Within Months
The "Wonderwall" hitmakers, Oasis split in 2009 when Noel Gallagher quit the group following a fall out with his brother Liam Gallagher. The frontman went on to form Beady Eye with the remaining members of Oasis and they released their debut disc, "Different Gear", "Still Speeding", in February.
The British singer reveals he and his bandmates are already working on a follow-up, because he's determined not to lose sight of what's really important and take too long to produce new material in between albums.
Gallagher tells The Irish Times, "The other big difference (between Beady Eye and Oasis) is that we're not going to put the ball down, sit around in a big house and go 'we're great'. We won't be booking into the studio for months and months on end. We're not going to be rolling over this album into the next year. There will be an awesome second album coming soon..."
The rocker insists Beady Eye have yet to see the financial benefit of their work, but they are driven to continue recording for the sake of their fans.
"What really did it for Oasis was that we took our eye off the ball. We were too busy reaping the rewards of our success. I know now that money is not the precious thing when you're in a band. It's not the flash cars or the big houses - it's the music that's precious. Once you take your eye off that - which we did - it's hard to get back. It got all 'just put the private plane on the credit card.' We're keeping a lid on things now. The band hasn't made a penny yet but we know what's important."
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt 'Never Wanted Sex' Prior to Their Split
- Kim Kardashian's Paris Robbery Crime Scene Photos Emerge
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Were Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle